General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

no development or even bug fixes are being done on this mod.

It is provided for use as-is and was not taken offline only because it is widely used (and the author has allowed us to keep it here, as long as no one expects support from him)

So, basically... unless you can figure out the coding yourself, no.
or just stop using filezilla - there are several better, free programs for FTP out there (FTP Voyager)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

The thing is, the exact same problem would apply to SMF's attachments and for exactly the same reason.

Kindred

Quote from: Arantor on May 30, 2014, 02:30:23 PM
The thing is, the exact same problem would apply to SMF's attachments and for exactly the same reason.

Ayup...   and that's what the mod he linked to does...  it adds an extension to the smf attachments. :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

None of that will fix the fact FileZilla is not only broken to specification, it actively refuses to fix it. At least SMF fixed attachments in 2.1 ;)

FataMorgana

I had Aeva Media succesfully working on my SMF 2.0.7 forum, including Simple Portal.
Yesterday had to update to 2.0.8 but Aeva gives two failed messages by trying to modificate this mod:

14.   Voer aanpassing uit   ./Sources/Profile.php   Test mislukt
   1.   Voeg toe na   ./Sources/Profile.php   Test mislukt

It's dutch, but off course means these tests failed.

All other tests were succesful.

I'm scared to install because of problems with all of the forum after this action.

I have quite a lot of albums in the gallery and would not be pleased start all over again...
What is now best action for keeping Aeva alive?
Or (also because development of Aeva has stopped) better start over with a current actual gallery mod?
Groet, Greetings, John

Fata Morgana Forum

Ninja ZX-10RR

Each time I tried to install this mod it made a mess with my forum and also uninstalling it left all my db full of aeva tables I had to delete manually, including a bunch of code not being removed at all. Probably there are still pieces of this mod in my files but after failing 3 times to install it I won't try again.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

which is strange....   it installs cleanly on my forums and I have it in use on 4 forums

FataMorgana,

Why did you UNINSTALL between 2.0.7 and 2.0.8?
I have had Aeva installed since 2.0 and have never once had to uninstall during a patch upgrade.

as for the errors:
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation
Слaва
Украинi

FataMorgana

Quote from: Kindred on June 21, 2014, 07:25:16 AM
Why did you UNINSTALL between 2.0.7 and 2.0.8?

Thanks for respons Kindred.
I did NOT uninstall Aeva!
After the automatic update of SMF 2.0.7 to 2.0.8 all my mods were on hold or something...
Only two I use: Simple Portal and Aeva.
Had to choose in the package manager for 'install modification'.
Simple Portal gave no error. Aeva did...

Hope this is more clear.
Groet, Greetings, John

Fata Morgana Forum

Kindred

How did you upgrade from 2.0.7 to 2.0.8?

if you used the patch "mod" file, there should have been no "on hold" or removal of mods
Слaва
Украинi

FataMorgana

Quote from: Kindred on June 21, 2014, 07:36:51 AM
How did you upgrade from 2.0.7 to 2.0.8?

if you used the patch "mod" file, there should have been no "on hold" or removal of mods

On my webhoster I have the cPanel and in that 'Softaculous'.
In that I could directly upgrade.

I used this option because this time I did not see an update link in the forum itself, that I normally use.
Groet, Greetings, John

Fata Morgana Forum

Kindred

ah... that is a cause of many many problems... and we have no idea how they have chosen to install updates (definitely not in a good way either)

The notification in the admin panel will come after up to 24 hours, or after you run the "scheduled task" :"fetch files from simple machines"
Слaва
Украинi

FataMorgana

Quote from: Kindred on June 21, 2014, 03:24:23 PM
ah... that is a cause of many many problems... and we have no idea how they have chosen to install updates (definitely not in a good way either)

The notification in the admin panel will come after up to 24 hours, or after you run the "scheduled task" :"fetch files from simple machines"

Damned... So I was too fast...
Seems no other way then to uninstall and start all over again, probably with another mod.  :(
Groet, Greetings, John

Fata Morgana Forum

radu81

Aeva is working fine with smf 2.0.7 or 2.0.8. my both forums were updated from 2.0.7 to 2.0.8 from ACP without problems

I remember last time when I installed AEVA on smf 2.0.4 (or 2.0.5) I had some errors, I corrected them manually. This mod is still working great ;)
sorry for my bad english

Fisch.666

Hi,

Quote from: Fisch.666 on May 16, 2014, 05:52:49 PM
i know this mod is not supported anymore but just want to post it anyway.

After updating my server running SMF 2.0.7 with Aeva Media 1.4w to PHP 5.5 i see a lot of those warnings in my logfiles:

preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead
File: Sources/Aeva-Embed.php
Line: 378

Doing some research leads to this thread where Nao has posted a fix for Aeva Media 2.10:

http://wedge.org/pub/off/8355/aeva-preg_replace-the-e-modifier-is-deprecated-use-preg_replace_callback/

I wasn't able to test those fixes on 1.4w yet but will post if this is also working for this version in the next few days.

ok have now done some tests and it seems the posted changes are also working on Aeva 1.4w with SMF 2.0.8.

Open Sources/Aeva-Embed.php and find:

$input = preg_replace('`(#[^"<]*)`e', 'str_replace("~", "-", "$1")', $input);

replace with:

$input = preg_replace_callback('`(#[^"<]*)`', function ($match) { return str_replace('~', '-', $match[0]); }, $input);

Until now i wasn't able to find out how to trigger the function "aeva_protect_bbc" which is called in Aeva-Subs.php to containing the second preg_replace call in it. Will update my post if i have found the call.

cisops

I may have missed it, but I did try to search...  ;)

Does anyone have a quick fix to change YouTube embeds to be iframe instead of SWF?

Thanks!

Kindred

nope...   and iframes are ugly coding and generally considered bad process these days anyway...  they should be avoided.
Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

Actually for YouTube it's the only way to get content on mobile.

Kindred

Really?   I'll have to look more carefully next time I am on a mobile device with debug options.
Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

Considering how iDevices don't do Flash *at all* and even YouTube's preferred embed code these days is to use an iframe to load the HTML5 player in a specific context, yeah...

cisops

Right, it's because Flash isn't supported on Apple devices. I have quite a few Apple users on my forum. The iframe uses the HTML5 video tag, which is why I wanted to make the change.

Again, any help making code changes to support it, or an alternative solution/mod would be appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement: