General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

So did anyone figure out how to fix youtube? I was too afraid to try duplicating the youtube thing, there was too many there for it and I just got too scared ha ha.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Ninja ZX-10RR

I totally got mad with this mod, tried to install it many times and it only gave me headaches and a lot of wasted days to clean up the mess it had created. :( so, no, from my part.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

Flavio... not sure what you were doing wrong -- but you were obviously doing something wrong, because the mod installs just fine and clean on 6 sites that I put it on (including one with 200+ mods)

Jade -- editing the sites list is the only way to fix the issue...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ninja ZX-10RR

Meh Kindred... It was giving me like 6 failures during the installation process. Also uninstalling it leaves many pieces of codes and also useless db tables. You can tell me to try again but no I won't, too many errors and too strong headache to get rid of it. (http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=200401.msg3710964#msg3710964)
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

I'm not telling you to try again.  I am telling you that you did something wrong.  And you, continuing to post stuff about how terrible you think it was is not helping the people who HAVE been able to successfully install it and just want to tweak it.

However, this mod installs and uninstalls just fine - of you were getting errors in either section (or getting left behind code) then you obviously had changed some of the affected code areas so the auto install/uninstall was unable to complete.

(and BTW: *ALL* mods... well, ok, 98% of them) leave database tables behind when they are uninstalled. In the case of this mod, they are all clearly prefixed and so, if you insist on getting rid of them, they are simple to identify and drop))
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

upload this file to your Sources folder. go to the site list in aeva in the admin panel and enable YouTubehttps

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Kindred on July 23, 2014, 03:53:00 PM
I'm not telling you to try again.  I am telling you that you did something wrong.  And you, continuing to post stuff about how terrible you think it was is not helping the people who HAVE been able to successfully install it and just want to tweak it.

However, this mod installs and uninstalls just fine - of you were getting errors in either section (or getting left behind code) then you obviously had changed some of the affected code areas so the auto install/uninstall was unable to complete.

(and BTW: *ALL* mods... well, ok, 98% of them) leave database tables behind when they are uninstalled. In the case of this mod, they are all clearly prefixed and so, if you insist on getting rid of them, they are simple to identify and drop))
*except* for the fact that when I tried to install it for the first time (more than 2 months ago) my smf was almost a clean install or something like that. I consider myself a warning, it just doesn't work for me and that's it :) it lets other users know that it might now work. And oh I have like 70 mods installed and running with no errors and if this is the only time that I say that it didn't work for me well there should be a reason :) (even though like I said my tests took place before installing the vast majority of "my" mods...)
Whatever Kindred, let it be, I just wanted to test it actually, I am not asking for support ;) I don't need it for a mod that I wouldn't be using anyhow ;) but thanks anyway for your reply :D

Quote from: Illori on July 23, 2014, 03:54:13 PM
upload this file to your Sources folder. go to the site list in aeva in the admin panel and enable YouTubehttps
Useful for the ones who asked before! Nice!

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

So, if you don't use it -- and you couldn't get it configured, why do you insist on making non-contributory posts in this thread to people who ARE using it and are trying to tweak it to suit?
Слaва
Украинi

Ninja ZX-10RR

I am not insisting I was giving my opinion about many things, and well, actually my opinion is always the same about this mod so I don't think I will need to comment again :)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

ekfaysal

I dont know why my facebook videos are not embedded in my topics
Anybody has any idea?

Kindred

is facebook video even one of the supported media types for Aeva by default?   I didn't think so...
Слaва
Украинi

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Nao 尚 on October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM
Supported video/audio sites [* Requires lookups to be enabled]

Supports 173 Video Sites including:

• YouTube, YouTube (Playlists), Dailymotion, Google Video, BBC News* (now with audio), BBC Iplayer (UK Only), MetaCafe, Veoh, 123video, Facebook, 5min Life Videopedia, 9You, ABC News*, AdultSwim, AlloCiné, AniBoom, Apple Trailers*, Archive.org*, Atom*, Bebo*, Blip*, BoFunk*, BombayTV, Break*, Broadcaster*, CarPix Tv, Cellfish, Clarin, Clip.vn, ClipFish (Old), ClipFish (New), ClipJunkie, ClipLife, ClipMoon, Clipser, ClipShack, Cold-Link, CollegeHumor, ComedyCentral(Inc. TheDailyShow), Crackle, CrunchyRoll*, Culture Pub*, Current*, Dailyhaha, DemoScene.tv*, DotSub (w/o Captions), DoubleViking*, dropshots.com, Dv.ouou, EASportsWorld*, EbaumsWorld Videos*, ESPN, Excessif, ExposureRoom, Flickr Video, FunnyOrDie, G4TV, GameKyo, GameSpot, GameTrailers (Inc. User Movies), Gametube.org, GameVideos.1up, GarageTv*, Gloria, Glumbert, GodTube, GotGame*, GrassRoots ItvLocal, GrindTv*, Guba, TheHub, Hulu (Usa Only)*, Humour*, Video.i.ua*, IGN, IMDB*, Imeem (Video)*, ImageShack, IndyaRocks, Izlesene, Jokeroo, Joost, JujuNation Video, JumpCut, JustinTV, Koreus, Last.fm (Videos), Last.fm (YouTube videos), Libero, LiveLeak, LiveVideo, Machinima (Old), Machinima (New), Mogulus/Livestream, MyTaratata, Video.mail.ru, MegaVideo, Milliyet*, MoFile, MotionBox, Mpora, Mpora TV, MSN Live/Soapbox, MtvU (Usa Only), Multiply, MyNet, MySoccerMedia*, MyShows.cn*, MySpaceTv, MyVideo, MyVi*, M Thai, NhacCuaTui, OffUHuge, The Onion*, OnSmash, Photobucket, PikNikTube, Putfile, Rambler, RawVegas, Revver, RuTube, SevenLoad, ShareView, Sharkle*, Sina Podcast, Smotri, Snotr, SouthPark Studios, Space.tv.cctv.com, Spike, SportsLine (CBS Sports), StageHD*, Streetfire*, StupidVideos*, TagTele, TinyPic, Tm-Tube, TrailerAddict*, TrTube*, Trilulilu, Tu.tv*, Tudou, UOL VideoLog, Ustream*, UUME, u-Tube, vbox7, Vholdr, VideoJug*, videos.sapo, Vidiac, Viddler*, Videa, VideoNuz*, VidiLife*, VidMax, Vimeo, Vidivodo*, VSocial (Type1), VSocial (Type2), Wat.tv*, WeGame, Wipido*, Yahoo Video*, Yahoo Video HK, Yahoo Music Videos, Yandex*, YouKu
It never says it does either.

EDIT: no wait IT SHOULD, it's not in alphabetical order.
Quote from: Nao 尚 on October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM
Supported video/audio sites [* Requires lookups to be enabled]

Supports 173 Video Sites including:

• YouTube, YouTube (Playlists), Dailymotion, Google Video, BBC News* (now with audio), BBC Iplayer (UK Only), MetaCafe, Veoh, 123video, Facebook, 5min Life Videopedia, 9You, ABC News*, AdultSwim, AlloCiné, AniBoom, Apple Trailers*, Archive.org*, Atom*, Bebo*, Blip*, BoFunk*, BombayTV, Break*, Broadcaster*, CarPix Tv, Cellfish, Clarin, Clip.vn, ClipFish (Old), ClipFish (New), ClipJunkie, ClipLife, ClipMoon, Clipser, ClipShack, Cold-Link, CollegeHumor, ComedyCentral(Inc. TheDailyShow), Crackle, CrunchyRoll*, Culture Pub*, Current*, Dailyhaha, DemoScene.tv*, DotSub (w/o Captions), DoubleViking*, dropshots.com, Dv.ouou, EASportsWorld*, EbaumsWorld Videos*, ESPN, Excessif, ExposureRoom, Flickr Video, FunnyOrDie, G4TV, GameKyo, GameSpot, GameTrailers (Inc. User Movies), Gametube.org, GameVideos.1up, GarageTv*, Gloria, Glumbert, GodTube, GotGame*, GrassRoots ItvLocal, GrindTv*, Guba, TheHub, Hulu (Usa Only)*, Humour*, Video.i.ua*, IGN, IMDB*, Imeem (Video)*, ImageShack, IndyaRocks, Izlesene, Jokeroo, Joost, JujuNation Video, JumpCut, JustinTV, Koreus, Last.fm (Videos), Last.fm (YouTube videos), Libero, LiveLeak, LiveVideo, Machinima (Old), Machinima (New), Mogulus/Livestream, MyTaratata, Video.mail.ru, MegaVideo, Milliyet*, MoFile, MotionBox, Mpora, Mpora TV, MSN Live/Soapbox, MtvU (Usa Only), Multiply, MyNet, MySoccerMedia*, MyShows.cn*, MySpaceTv, MyVideo, MyVi*, M Thai, NhacCuaTui, OffUHuge, The Onion*, OnSmash, Photobucket, PikNikTube, Putfile, Rambler, RawVegas, Revver, RuTube, SevenLoad, ShareView, Sharkle*, Sina Podcast, Smotri, Snotr, SouthPark Studios, Space.tv.cctv.com, Spike, SportsLine (CBS Sports), StageHD*, Streetfire*, StupidVideos*, TagTele, TinyPic, Tm-Tube, TrailerAddict*, TrTube*, Trilulilu, Tu.tv*, Tudou, UOL VideoLog, Ustream*, UUME, u-Tube, vbox7, Vholdr, VideoJug*, videos.sapo, Vidiac, Viddler*, Videa, VideoNuz*, VidiLife*, VidMax, Vimeo, Vidivodo*, VSocial (Type1), VSocial (Type2), Wat.tv*, WeGame, Wipido*, Yahoo Video*, Yahoo Video HK, Yahoo Music Videos, Yandex*, YouKu

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

ah. interesting.

So, the question then becomes...
1- did you turn on facebook as a valid embed source in AEVA admin?
2- even if you did...  I'll bet you $10 that facebook again changed their API and broke everyone using the old style...
Слaва
Украинi

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Kindred on July 24, 2014, 05:03:45 PM
2- even if you did...  I'll bet you $10 that facebook again changed their API and broke everyone using the old style...
You can bet even more on that since the mods that were created to integrate facebook and were updated after this one are not working either. (social login ones for instance, tried to install many of those and none of them worked... And sometimes was clearly stated that it won't work anymore because of the reason you pointed out...) And almost for sure they did from 2010 to 2014... I don't think they are being smart in making integration with their own site that hard, after all they lose views like that.
Also Facebook changed many times its interface from 2010... I would bet my Fb acc that they changed their API as well in one of those updates :P

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: Illori on July 23, 2014, 03:54:13 PM

I love you Illori <3
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

radu81

I also noticed that youtube videos cannot be seen from mobile, is there a way to fix this?

I know I could use a similar mod, but I would like to avoid installing other mods
sorry for my bad english

Arantor

Not likely, it requires changing the embed code from using Flash to iframes, and the author won't be updating this mod.

radu81

Thanks Arantor, at this point I'll keep Aeva for galleries and for embedded videos I'll use another mod
sorry for my bad english

Arantor

Hmm, perhaps I need to write me one of those actually...

radu81

I didn't understand well, do you plan to write something to modify the actual AE or a separated mod?
sorry for my bad english

Advertisement: