News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

assemblytube

Apologies.
Problem was caused by a filter in Pretty URLs. Not upgrading to SMF 2.0.9

Fisch.666

Hi,

Quote from: assemblytube on October 26, 2014, 08:39:19 AMWhen I hover over these buttons they just show links to /forum/media and just return me to the media index.

looks like you're using some pretty / URL rewrite modules as the "normal" links are /forum/index.php?action=media instead of /forum/media. Maybe you should do a research in this direction?

Kindred

Ummm...Fisch?  He already noted that it was indeed due to prettyurls in the next post... Which was actually posted 6 hours before your comment. :P

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Fisch.666

Photostalker

I paid for a subscription on hxxp:wedge.org [nonactive]. How download Aeva Media 2.0?

Arantor

barrie

Recently upgraded our hosting package with GoDaddy and now on a CPanel account. All good except some images in Aeva Media are corrupted. Now running php 5.4. Any help would be appreciated.

Example : http://www.aircooledrdclub.com/smf/index.php?action=media

tyene

Hello,
I installed manually Aeva-Lite-7.2 following the procedure described by the mod.
I did not install it automatically because I had the same problem listed here with an error in post.php.

The installation and the execution seemed to work,
in fact I have no error in logging in and  I have the Aeva settings and sites list in the Admin panel;
but Aeva is not working in my forum.
A youtube link remains a youtube link (clickable this time), but it does not embed the video.

I am a complete newbie here on SMF,
and I have no clue on where to find the problem.

Here you have a list of the mods that are currently installed on my forum
1.    @mention members    1.1.2    
2.    Pretty URLs    1.1.2    
3.    Wikipedia BBC    1.0.1
4.    Groupdocs Viewer    1.0    
5.    IP to Country    1.0
6.    Global Topics    2.2 
7.    Alternate User Posting    1.0.1    
8.    Float BBCODE    1.0.2    
9.    SMF 1.1.20 / 2.0.9 Update    1.0    
10.    SMF 2.0.8 Update    1.0 
11.    TinyPortal    1.107

and here you have the "essential changes" in  post.php

function Post2()
{
global $board, $topic, $txt, $modSettings, $sourcedir, $context;
global $user_info, $board_info, $options, $smcFunc;

// Sneaking off, are we?
if (empty($_POST) && empty($topic))
redirectexit('action=post;board=' . $board . '.0');
elseif (empty($_POST) && !empty($topic))
redirectexit('action=post;topic=' . $topic . '.0');

// No need!
$context['robot_no_index'] = true;

// If we came from WYSIWYG then turn it back into BBC regardless.
if (!empty($_REQUEST['message_mode']) && isset($_REQUEST['message']))
{
require_once($sourcedir . '/Subs-Editor.php');

$_REQUEST['message'] = html_to_bbc($_REQUEST['message']);

// We need to unhtml it now as it gets done shortly.
$_REQUEST['message'] = un_htmlspecialchars($_REQUEST['message']);

// We need this for everything else.
$_POST['message'] = $_REQUEST['message'];
}

// Aeva - START
// On posting new topic/reply/full modify: replace embed HTML, do lookups, and/or check whether YouTube links are embeddable
if (!empty($_POST['message']))
{
global $sourcedir;
@include_once($sourcedir . '/Subs-Aeva.php');
if (function_exists('aeva_onposting'))
$_POST['message'] = aeva_onposting($_POST['message']);
}
// Aeva - END

// Previewing? Go back to start.
if (isset($_REQUEST['preview']))
{
checkSession();
return Post();
}

[...]

Could you help me?
thanks in advance

Kindred

It does not have anything to do with a bad installation of the mod.

The mod was designed befor eyoutube switched to https.
The solution has been posted a few times in this thread... You have to add or modify the YouTube entry in the Aeva sites file to handle https URLs.... Or just type all YouTube urls without the https on your site.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tyene

:-[
Sorry: in fact it perfectly works both removing the "s" and duplicating/editing the youtube entry.

Thank you.

Photostalker

Quote from: Arantor on October 30, 2014, 04:20:08 PM
Ask on hxxp:wedge.org [nonactive], it's absolutely nothing to do with here.
On this site nobody answers me :( What happened? Why?

Arantor

That is because Nao left, does not support Aeva, does not care about Aeva for SMF since he works on a rival forum software with Aeva built in.

xeon365

Not sure why but "About" and "Setting" pages for Aeva media completely broke... not sure how long that has been like that smf 1.0.9 aeva media 1.4w

still works otherwise :S

any fixes?

Arantor

Aeva for SMF is not supported by its author, the only person who can fix it.

Arantor

In other news, I discovered that Aeva 1.4w will not install on a clean 2.0.9 because of changes in 2.0.9 itself.

Guess that really is the end of the road for Aeva, which is kind of sad in a way. Please don't ask me to fix it, because the licence doesn't let me, and there is no way Nao would give anyone permission to update it - but *especially* not me.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Lol at least I won't be the only one who couldn't install aeva for whatever reasons... I had installed it but despite me trying hard to understand what was wrong it was not working. Foreveraloneunabletoinstallaeva is no more xD
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Yup, the code to integrate the embedding part into the post routine is no more and the integration into the profile for the gallery is broken.

radu81

sorry for my bad english

Arantor

Yes, you can run it if you install it on something older than 2.0.9 then upgrade SMF, or you manually install it.

I am, of course, quite capable of fixing it - but I don't have any actual *need* to do so. I'm only installing it to figure out how to import data *out* of it again ;)

Advertisement: