General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sudhakar Arjunan

Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Arantor

Never going to be updated.

Also, you probably should have waited for a few weeks for mod authors.

ghof

Any way to align 2+2 embedded videos NeXT to each other instead of vertical, and then move on to another line.

Example:

If 4 videoes are posted, it will like this:

------------ + ------------

------------ + ------------

Sudhakar Arjunan

Quote from: Arantor on November 24, 2014, 03:09:23 PM

Sure Arantor, i would have waited but my forum was getting down with previous version and i want to move to the best version available . Believe me the forum was very soft with 2.0 and without mods. So though i dont have plugins not working my forum is working without issues is the good thing.

But just want to bump the authors that we are waiting.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Arantor

2.1 is not the best version available at the present time because there are many issues with it - you do understand what 'beta' means, right? It means there are known bugs that have not been fixed, possible bugs, possible security holes.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Updating a 38k members forum to an unstable version... Gg.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

xeon365

Quote from: Arantor on November 24, 2014, 03:09:23 PM

does the license mean you can't post fixes for others to implement for there own board?

starting to be less reason to use smf with all these old mods no longer working going forwards and nothing else to replace it staying on smf going forwards

Arantor

Yes.

There are alternatives for embedding and I'm working on a (non free) gallery at present.

Kindred

Aeva has not been updated or supported in years. It was left here because the original was very well coded and didn't need much in the way of support that could not be provided by users... And the original mod author allowed it, with the understanding that he would not be providing support.

There are other options for galleries...   And a new one due out "real soon now"TM
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

For 'some' definition of 'well coded' anyway. In the process of writing an importer, I found multiple bugs.

Kindred

Well, he did stop development in the free version mid-series.

Anyway...   That aside, we'll probably remove the mod and lock this thread when 2.1 is released, or when there are enough errors reported with it or with the sites it links to.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

I was looking at the paid version too, especially where there is common code ;)

In any case, the free version of the gallery does not install without manual help in 2.0.9. Subs-Post and Profile edits are now different in 2.0.9.

xeon365

shame no one is going to get it working again and only paid versions going

Kindred

well, no one CAN "get it working again" since the code is owned by the original author who no longer supports SMF.

So, your options are
a) use it, as is, without support
b) use one of the free options
c) use one of the paid options
Слaва
Украинi

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: xeon365 on December 15, 2014, 04:24:35 PM
shame no one is going to get it working again and only paid versions going

The free version seems to be functioning fine on SMF 2.1 Beta...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Arantor

Funny, it does not install properly on 2.0.9 without two manual edits.

There are multiple bugs in Aeva that have not been fixed in years, too.

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Oh I'm aware it isn't perfect, and there is much manually edited installs on almost every module install I've been doing, but the aeva module functions adequately for most purposes on the new version...

As do most of the currently installed modules I've brought back on the live site, currently trying to figure out this Cron.php file, its throwing back quite a few errors...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Arantor

If you have a question about cron, please ask in the 2.1 board. You do not need to run it manually though.

Also, if only someone had a gallery that made no edits at all...

AZMazda3

I wish I had read this before updating SMF to 2.0.9 as far as I can tell our Aeva Media is running fine. I haven't tested it completely but it did not break yet. The only thing it is doing is throwing up errors in the admin log for two lines of code related to subs.php. I'm sure it is a logical fix but for the life of me it seems illogical. Oh well. I guess I can just ignore the log for now.

Fisch.666

Quote from: AZMazda3 on December 18, 2014, 02:48:20 PMThe only thing it is doing is throwing up errors in the admin log for two lines of code related to subs.php. I'm sure it is a logical fix but for the life of me it seems illogical. Oh well. I guess I can just ignore the log for now.

Mhhh, don't get any errors in the admin log about this when running Aeva on SMF 2.0.9.

Advertisement: