News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Pictures overlapping text

Started by rsw686, October 15, 2007, 10:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsw686

SMF Version: SMF 1.1.4
Has anybody else notice that rarely the images will overlap text. It seems like they don't load immediately and then the browser isn't accounting for the size. I'm using firefox and once a week this will happen. Just slightly annoying. Although its probably more of a browser issue, but I've seen it happen on another SMF site as well.

I know for images linked with the url bbc code you can't tell the dimensions without downloading it. However for avatars it would be nice to put in the dimensions as I've had it happen with avatar images as well.

I've attached an image of pictures in the post overlapping the signature.
The Reptile File
Everything reptile for anyone reptile friendly

Aquaria Talk
Community for freshwater and saltwater aquariums enthusiasts

KGIII

Default theme? Any changes to the style sheets? All browsers? Got a link to a forum like that?

My PC Support Forum
Please ask in-thread before PMing
                   SMF Help
                   Visit My Blog

How can we improve the support process?:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=163533.0

SMF vs. Godzilla? Who do you think will win?

shadow82x

This happened to me before using the latest firefox on any SMF forum including the SMF community. Your not alone. :)
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

rsw686

Quote from: KGIII on October 15, 2007, 10:33:42 PM
Default theme? Any changes to the style sheets? All browsers? Got a link to a forum like that?

The theme is a copy of the default theme but modified. However it happens on this site as well. Actually it just happened now. I grabbed the screen shot and attached it. I only use Firefox so I'm not sure if it happens in other browsers. However it's not every day. If I were to reload this page your avatar image would appear fine. It just occurs randomly and I can't make it happen.
The Reptile File

Aquaria Talk

KGIII

My PC Support Forum
                   SMF Help
                   Visit My Blog

val-gaav

SMF seems to have some issues with some windows when you preset a small width for forums :

I used SMF 1.1.4 and a couple of themes in which I used  table width="710" parameter .... I don't think it's so small to justify the issues:

All is OK beside three windows :
"Forum Profile Information"
"Advanced Search"
"Track IP"

Here are the screnies:

hxxp:www.turboimagehost.com/p/2965/bug01.png.html [nonactive]

hxxp:www.turboimagehost.com/p/2966/bug02.png.html [nonactive]

hxxp:www.turboimagehost.com/p/2969/bug05.png.html [nonactive]

BTW this site you are running here also seems to have this  problem:

In konqueror 3.5.5

hxxp:www.turboimagehost.com/p/2967/bug03.png.html [nonactive]

in Firefox it's a bit smaller but still you can notice (an about 2px on the right side) :

hxxp:www.turboimagehost.com/p/2976/bug06.png.html [nonactive]

That made me think it's a bug, because although I may not know much web programing etc I'm sure that people who made this forum were a lot more experienced  ...

If it's not a bug then I'm sorry for posting in wrong section .... still If anybody would be so kind to give me some tips for this situation ... or some hack to make it work like it should I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance...

KGIII

My PC Support Forum
                   SMF Help
                   Visit My Blog

mark7144

Happens to my forum too, sometimes an avatar will drop out of it's box and go into text.

rsw686

Since this was moved to the "Fixed or Bogus Bugs" board I'm assuming it was fixed. Will the changes be given out so I can modify my forum code. They don't need to be in a package format and could even be PM'd to me if preferred. Thanks.
The Reptile File

Aquaria Talk

Advertisement: