Growth with an exchange

Started by netridge, October 21, 2007, 04:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

netridge

I have used post exchange in the past for other forums and have found that It works, I came across theadminzone.com which has helped me greatly.

Although you have to have a few post to join the exchange group, not only can you exchange post but you can have your site launched for the month were all users will post on your forum...

anyways I recommend you guys check it out and look me up once you are there.

theadminzone.com

christicehurst

The Admin Zone is very good with articles on forums. The problem with post ex-changes is that it's very unprofessional. The successful forum boards have never done post ex-changes and they did it the right way, promoting and getting content on the page.
www.brisbanelionsunited.com - A forum for everyone!

netridge

Quote from: christicehurst on October 22, 2007, 11:26:03 AM
The Admin Zone is very good with articles on forums. The problem with post ex-changes is that it's very unprofessional. The successful forum boards have never done post ex-changes and they did it the right way, promoting and getting content on the page.

Well that's your opinion, but I have seen a few board take off after a post exchange.

christicehurst

Quote from: netridge on October 22, 2007, 07:57:06 PM
Quote from: christicehurst on October 22, 2007, 11:26:03 AM

Well that's your opinion, but I have seen a few board take off after a post exchange.

Some do take off but not for long. Also people look through the topic and threads and see there's been post exchanges done.

netridge

Some do take off but not for long. Also people look through the topic and threads and see there's been post exchanges done.

Well when theres people who point this out to others in a public forum, well it undermines those forums and that's why they usually fail.

I tried to stay positive and help other forum owners, I believe it to be karma.. you do something positive and something positive will happen to you. Negativty is just a downer. :) This is just my opinion.

Mat @ SWS

Spire Web Solutions
SWS | Forum | Blog

christicehurst

Quote from: Mat @ SWS on October 23, 2007, 01:19:05 PM
lol

i was thinking the same

Yeah lol, it akes away the "Professional" tage he's trying tmake with his site. the site needs content sadly...

Gear-Monkey

The adminzone has some neat stuff.  I read it every couple days. 

I don't really get the PR tho.  I mean, I emailed over 30 forums that's into music gear like me... to exchange banners.  Guess how many emails I got back. NONE!

I have like 75 members in 4 months.  Not good, not bad. I'm not discouraged.  I still have fun running the site. In fact, I just hired someone to build me custom stuff for $250.

I think if I can get 30-40 quality dedicated regulars, I'll be happy. The rest will fall into place.

Advertisement: