hmm. odd quoting behavior now that i've been futzing around.

Started by admactanium, November 19, 2004, 10:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admactanium

http://socalareariders.com/forum/index.php?topic=1.0
un: user zero
pw: testing

okay, so i've obviously been messing around with some of the php stuff. but now when i use the quote button it will bring up a pop up window that says "retreiving quote..." and then it will put the quote in the quickreply window rather than going to the reply window. and the "retreiving quote..." pop-up is now staying open. i recopied the default theme to my server. in the custom theme i have only used three php files that are different than default: styles.css, BoardIndex.template.php, index.template.php and index.php. oddly enough, this behavior seemed to change when i changed the post.template.php and subs.php files (both of which i've replaced with fresh versions from the original install.

A.M.A

Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

admactanium

Quote from: A.M.A on November 19, 2004, 10:56:36 PM
I've tested it with both FF/IE and it works fine.
wow, really? for me in ie, safari and camino it brings up the quote in the quickreply window rather than in a new reply window.

A.M.A

Quick reply box is enabled in the profile .. if you need it to quote in new reply window then disable the quick reply box.
Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

admactanium

so if quick reply is turned on then quote behavior is to automatically go into quick reply and not into normal reply?

okay. did NOT know that. :P

codenaught

Yeah, and if you would like to have quick reply on but open in new window when quoting a message you can simply minimize the quick reply box by clicking on the arrow next to it and that will send you to the posting screen.
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

Advertisement: