News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

New Computers...

Started by SleePy, October 26, 2007, 01:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleePy

Wow,

Well I have yet to make a blog post here besides my "Get to know the Team:" topic. So I guess I should make one. I will most likely be bragging here, I am sorry, but I love this thing.

I recently acquired a new computer for my schooling needs. Its a nice little Macbook Pro. It only has a 15" monitor but its bigger than my desktop 15" monitor due to it being a widescreen monitor. So things seem better.
It came with a 128 mb video card, So this was really cool. I sometimes play Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead/Breakthrough and with the default settings in it, I have quadroupled my FPS now. So this is very good for me. I have been stealing my mouse and keyboard from my tower computer and hooking it up to play games (Though I don't need the keyboard it gets hot staying there to long).
To add to this I got a Dual core 2.2 GHZ processor with a very fast bus speed (but most don't know or care what it is) and 2 GB of ram.. So things have really speed up. Thats good news around here. I can handle more tabs and such than my old tower and that means more mods I can approve at once or support.
The sickest part I really love is the built in wireless N card with 1000/100/10 Ethernet cable (Though I don't bother Since I got a wireless N connecting to a wireless G router). Since it is a mac it goes that cool power plug feature that lets you pull it out without taking the laptop with it. I haven't had it long but have already accidently a couple of times knocked out the power plug so I will need to get used to that.

The best news is I will get 10.5 with it when It comes in. It comes with Boot Camp, So I can run windows (ha yea right) or linux if I wanted to and partition my computer to do this. Its something I like about the Intel macs.

There is much more but I think I have bragged enough. If you think I am to biased, well yes I am being biased here. If you think I am a mac lover, yes I am. If you think you wont get a mac, you may be wrong. I know another person who recently got a apple laptop and loves it better than his pc laptop.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Daniel15

QuoteIf you think I am to biased, well yes I am being biased here. If you think I am a mac lover, yes I am.
Haha, Mac lover :P
My sister would kill me if I ever got a Mac - She hates them :P
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

nick09

heh this 2 year(or older) compaq Windows XP computer will do me.

heck i even at times i have 25 different tabs up on firefox. :P

and yet i have no lag in my internet. :D

BTW: this computer has 1GB ram

Advertisement: