News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Started by admactanium, November 21, 2004, 10:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admactanium

hello. i've set the maximum avatar size to 150x150px to be consistent with some other fora similar to mine. however, in firefox and camino i will get scroll bars on the avatar image for both up/down and left/right. in safari seem to only get them for left/right. this occurs when the window size appears to be too small for smf's liking.

it appears as such in firefox/camino:

is there a way to force the forum to keep the box large enough to accomodate a 150x150px avatar without scroll bars? and why am i getting up/down scrollbars now? i suspect it may be because i changed all the service icons and combined they may be one or two px taller than they were before.

thanks for the help.

p.s. i can upload those new service icons if anyone would like them.

A.M.A

Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

admactanium

hi ama. that link did help avoid avatar scrolling, but now i seem to be getting avatar table cell width differences like this:

is there a way to lock the width of that column to accomodate a 150px wide avatar (that's my forum limit) AND avoid scrolling and width differences? thanks again.

[Unknown]

I'm afraid that's why the scollbars were used... you could increase the default width of that side, though.

-[Unknown]

admactanium

thank you unknown. when i edited that file i tried to change the
<table width="100%"
setting to make it, say, 160 px wide but i couldn't get it to work. is the syntax: table width=160px ?

also, since i have your attention i just wanted to thank you for this piece of software. it's really fantastic. sorry if i'm annoying you with these customizations. i'm just really accustomed to vb now and i figure that's the standard most people are familiar with.

Jerry

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

admactanium

Quote from: Jerry on November 25, 2004, 09:12:44 PM
width="160" ;)
that "kinda" worked. when i load the page i see that the right borders are lined up, but then before the page is completed rendering it will switch back to look like the image i posted above. so it's trying to make them all the same width and then it's being overridden by some other setting. any ideas?

Advertisement: