News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Light Portal

Started by Bugo, March 25, 2020, 07:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darknico

Quote from: Steve on October 12, 2023, 10:59:20 AMDoes this one have a shoutbox option?

Exist a block: Simple Chat.
Find and enable in plugins
Italian SMF - Supporto Italiano per la board SMF - Ci trovate tutti li!! :)

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Bugo

v2.3.0
* Fixed a lot of small and not really small issues
* Fixed issue with page search in the AC
* Fixed issue with unwrapped blocks in the Bend theme
* Removed BBCode support for page comments (but you can use Markdown)
* Some UI changes including fixes for RTL mode
* Updated some plugins
* Updated docs
* Removed the SiteList plugin
* Implemented page comments with Vue.js
* Implemented plugins area with Vue.js
* Implemented WYSIWYG editor for page comments
* As well as a lot of source code changes, new build tool (Vite) for assets, etc.

Attention: options of some plugins have changed, you should to update them.

Bugo

v2.4.0
* Updated docs (replaced docusaurus with vitepress, rewrited some pages)
* Fixed found issues
    - Fixed the issue with missing box-shadow for plugin cards
    - Added `lp_plugins` table to optimization tasks
    - Fixed the issue with preview mode for blocks
    - Fixed margin for plugin tags
* Added a new plugin - ApexCharts
* Some UI changes:
    - Added the "Content" title for textarea fields
* Added `getFromTemplate` helper for plugins
* Added setting fields classes (refactoring)
* Added new hooks - `preloadScripts`, and `preloadStyles`
* Update almost all plugins
* Restored SiteList plugin (moved to downloadable)
* Added new helper - `addDefaultValues`, to work with $modSettings
* Updated some portal hooks

v2.4.1
* Fixed some issues related with templates and layouts
* Layouts plugins no longer overlap the current settings of the frontpage layout, but extend them
* Layout switcher (from LayoutHelper plugin) moved into core
* LayoutHelper plugin renamed with DummyArticleCards
* Added new plugins: PlatesLayout, and Snowflakes
* Updated docs
* Updated some plugins

TeamPD

Hello Bugo,

We really love your portal and it looks amazing to say the least, we've been testing it for a while and are now transferring it to the live version of our forum, keep up the good work!

We're using your light portal on our SMFforum, but somehow it doesn't show as nicely as it should on mobile, is there maybe a button or option that we might have missed somewhere to turn off certain blocks on mobile?

We also tried and tested the images for SMF Gallery, but somehow it worked on the test version when we were using SMF Gallery, but on the live version it puts the pictures vertically instead of horizontally, even though we set it to have the pictures shown horizontally. On the test version it also did slide while using the SMF Gallery option, while on the live version it just refuses to slide.

For both these issues we've been trying to find answers in the topic, that comes with your mod, but we've had no luck so far. We also tried everything in the portal admin center but we're not able to figure out where we went wrong or what we did wrong, could you please help us?

Thank you so much in advance,

Sincerely,
Team PD

Bugo

Do you have all the same settings, same database and same mods on the test version of the forum as on the working version? Send screenshots of the display in the mobile version, with normal, and with incorrect examples.

TeamPD

Hello Bugo,

Thanks for the quick reply.

The settings for the portal we've copied one by one from the testversion. The testversion is a clone of the live version, with the only difference being the live version having newer posts on the forum. The testversion was a 1 on 1 copy of the live version, but as mentioned before the live version has newer posts on it, so it's basically the same database but an older one for the testversion. Both have the same modules on them.

We have also tried to export the SMF Gallery block from the testversion to the live version, but it kept doing the same thing on the live version as mentioned in our first post.

We've added some screenshots that were made on mobile and PC. On these screenshots you can see it doesn't look as nicely on mobile as it does on PC.

Thank you so much in advance,

Sincerely,
Team PD

Bugo

Is the situation the same on the default Curve 2 theme? What theme are you using?

TeamPD

Hello Bugo,
We did test it on curve 2, and othere themes we tested. In the live they all have that issue, that they show vertically instead of horizontally. In the test they all work as supposed.

Bugo

What panel is your GalleryBlock located on?

While developing the GalleryBlock plugin, I added a display with a condition. That is, depending on the panel, images within the block are displayed either horizontally or vertically. There is no manual switch in the block settings. You may have tried changing the position of the blocks in the panel settings, but this only affects the position of the blocks relative to each other, not their content.

In any case, send a link to the page with the problem, I'll try to see how to improve the layout.

TeamPD

Quote from: Bugo on January 17, 2024, 08:07:03 AMWhile developing the GalleryBlock plugin, I added a display with a condition. That is, depending on the panel, images within the block are displayed either horizontally or vertically. There is no manual switch in the block settings. You may have tried changing the position of the blocks in the panel settings, but this only affects the position of the blocks relative to each other, not their content.

Well now, first of all. Sorry for the late reply life was keeping me busy.
What you said here let me think. I uninstalled the portal, and installed it again. This time before adding blocks I made sure i put the blocks that should be horizontally. (I didn't remember if I did it that way the first time and think I first added the blocks.) And now it works the way it is supposed to be. Nice and horizontally like it is supposed to. And that also fixed the lay-out on the mobile version.

Thank you so much for helping to solve this. I have one more question if that is okay. Am I right that I can't add blocks to just 1 specific page on the portal (apart from the main portalpage?) Thats no biggie but now I'm wondering if I'm missing somewhere there to.

Bugo

Just use rule "page=your_page_alias" in display areas field in the block settings.

Bugo

v2.5.0
* Changed some UI elements
* Refactored a lot of code
* Updated all plugins
* Updated documentation
* Added more tests
* Tested work with PHP 8.3.1 and MySQL 8.2
* Added support of SMF 3.0 Alpha (for testing purposes)

How to upgrade (manual mode, recommended):
* (Optional) Backup your custom plugins
* Remove Sources/LightPortal/Addons, Sources/LightPortal/Entities, and Sources/LightPortal/Libs directories
* Extract Themes and Sources folders from the mod's package into your forum's root, with replacing

How to upgrade (half-auto mode):
* Just install an updated package via the Package Manager and press an Upgrade button
* Remove Sources/LightPortal/Addons/EhPortal, Sources/LightPortal/Addons/EzPortal, and Sources/LightPortal/Addons/TinyPortal directories

Sign up for notifications of new releases here and/or on GitHub to stay up to date.

Bugo

v2.5.1
* Fixed found issues
* Updated some plugins
* Added a new filter - "Active only" - for the plugin list
* Updated latte templates
* Optimized some dev scripts
* Added support of Youtube links for Markdown plugin

Bugo

v2.5.2
* Fixed found issues
* Updated some plugins
* Updated documentation (some translations)
* Removed plugins: CrowdinContext and KarmaPostRating
* Optimized Vue templates and scripts

Small poll for the portal users

Bugo

v2.6

* As always, fixed found issues.
* Implemented separate classes for compiling Less/Sass files.
* By default, the Sass compiler is now used in development mode, and the Zero class is used in production (without compilation, just a dummy).
* The frontpage layouts have been updated to use Laravel Blade markup instead of Latte.
* Latte layouts are still supported through to the new LatteLayouts plugin.
* The BladeLayouts plugin was removed and moved entirely to the portal core.
* Some CSS code was also updated in line with modern standards.
* The category management page was converted into a separate section, similar to those for blocks, pages and plugins sections.
* A separate section for tag management has also been created.
* Implemented multi-language support for category/tag titles.
* Categories and tags can now have their own custom icons.
* Implemented a database upgrade script to allow users to upgrade from versions 2.4+ without having to reinstall the portal.
* Export/import scripts have been updated.
* Updated almost all plugins.
* Updated documentation (including adding a section to view the latest portal updates).
* 3 different portal builds are provided:
  * Standard Edition - the default build
  * Developer Edition - includes a Sass compiler with source sass files, as well as dev scripts folder + Vue source templates + all localizations and plugins (except for bonus ones).
  * Geek Edition - without plugins, but with localizations, where the main file (LightPortal.language.php) is 100% complete. This build is suitable for a quick overview of the portal.

Choose your preferred build:
  * light_portal_2.6.tgz (715 KB)
  * light_portal_2.6_dev_edition.tgz (1625 KB)
  * light_portal_2.6_geek_edition.tgz (407 KB)

How to Upgrade in 2 steps
  1) for all versions - be sure to delete the Sources/LightPortal/Addons directory.
  2a) from versions 2.4.x-2.5.x - simply download the latest version of the portal and click the "Upgrade" button.
  2b) from versions < 2.4.0 - make backups of any data you need, then completely uninstall the portal (removing all portal tables from the database) and then install the latest version. Please note that the minimum required PHP version is 8.0.

cuongvttt

Hello Bugo,

Could you please show me how to rename Portal and Forum? Please take a look at the attached image.

Thanks,

Bugo

The quickest way is to use the MainMenu plugin for that.

cuongvttt

Thank you so much for your big help, Bugo.

Advertisement: