News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Download System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 31, 2007, 06:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchigotim

Hi guys. I currently have 1.5.2 and I'm considering upgrading to either 2.1 or the paid version. In either case, can I just install over the old one, or is it more involved? I'm not much of a coder, and I want to keep my current setup. To redo things, we're talking 200 files. As I just did this moving to a cloud based setup, I don't want to do it again....
Roguepinball: ¡¡ɟooɹ ǝɥʇ uo ǝʇıs ןןɐquıd ʇsǝq ǝɥʇ

vbgamer45

Yes you can just install it over to upgrade to the latest version! From lite to pro I suggest to uninstall but all your data/files are saved and not removed.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Itchigotim

Thanks! I'm reluctant to spend the money (pro) for just 1 option. Not that I don't want to support you guys, but the only thing I'm missing is adding an image to a file. Using an imagehost I solved that, but the upload procedure is more complicated. But we'll see. I just got an investor for my site, so I will probably end up doing it.
Roguepinball: ¡¡ɟooɹ ǝɥʇ uo ǝʇıs ןןɐquıd ʇsǝq ǝɥʇ

Osaugue

vbgamer45

Check in the download settings to see if this exists "Enable RSS Feeds" if not then it is in the pro edition of the mod
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Osaugue

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 15, 2014, 05:53:34 PM
Check in the download settings to see if this exists "Enable RSS Feeds" if not then it is in the pro edition of the mod
its not there '(

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: Osaugue on August 16, 2014, 03:14:43 PM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 15, 2014, 05:53:34 PM
its not there '(

I can confirm that it is available in the Pro version...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Xer0n_

Is it possible to have this system manage external download links?  My webhosting supports up to 200MB at full speed then caps at 50KB/s which is not acceptable because i'm hosting content packs for counter strike source which are pretty big.  They are all hosted on a gigabit dedicated server, and wish to have this system manage who can download the packs and keep the URL's private to prevent mass people on steam over-loading my bandwidth.

Thanks,
Xer0n

Yay, got the pro version integrated with the SMF Tagging module!!
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

vbgamer45

What did you do with the tagging module? I have tags built but you tied that mod with this one?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 30, 2014, 02:17:50 PM
What did you do with the tagging module? I have tags built but you tied that mod with this one?

Yes, downloads keywords get tied to tagging system module whenever adding a download or editing an existing file in the downloads, however, still need to add a conditional statement to be sure that the tagging module is installed first so that this edit will be usable in any smf site, but i'd be happy to PM you what I did so far, maybe you can streamline it cause the code has to be added to about 5 or 6 areas of the downloads2.php file the way I did it?

but so far its error free

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 30, 2014, 02:43:15 PM
Sure send it over.

hmm, since its the pro version i can't attach it here, and PM won't let me attach a file here, so now what?

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Quote from: Bob Perry on August 30, 2014, 02:30:38 PM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 30, 2014, 02:17:50 PM

but so far its error free

however, I am getting alot of these errors in the log, but I'm pretty sure its not related to my edits...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

larry007

vbgamer45

Not sure if it has been translated but you can search this topic and it might have been or look on smfhacks.com

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 30, 2014, 02:43:15 PM
Sure send it over.

Tried to get it to ya several times at your site, unsuccessfully as there is some glitch where when I hit the send button it logs me out or a timeout or something then it won't let me log back in??

It functions perfect but I still haven't added a check to see whether the tagging module is present yet...

It also tags the file description to the body of the topic if the admin has set it to post to a forum when uploading a new download...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

I think so, if you say so... be warned to anyone else who tries to use this, if you don't have the tagging module installed this will give you fatal errors...

This version also has a block set to list downloads in random order too, and incresed the number of items listed from 4 to 12...

oh yes, vbgamer you'll also need to fix the deprecated error this creates as well... and i was experimenting with trying to get the regenerate thumbnails function to act as though the "Edit" button was being pushed on each file touched, not working yet, the reason being that i want to automate updating downloads that already exist with fresh copies of the newly added ability to put a body to the forum posts & the tagging function, otherwise, you have to manually do it one single file at a time...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

vbgamer45

You can remove it from the post now.

The tagging code looks good going to tweak it a little bit and add it to the main release.

Will check out the other changes as well.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: