News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Download System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 31, 2007, 06:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wintstar

In the SMF 2.1* Administration Center, on the Overview page, the icon drive.png does not appear.
Regards Stephan

,,In order for the possible to come into being, the impossible must be attempted again and again."
Hermann Hesse (1877-1962)

My HomepageMy Board - My Atelier

@rjen

Maybe so, but it does in the menu option, and that's where I need it most  ;)

Thanks for the fix...
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Black Tiger

I'm just wondering. Is there a possibility to set it up that guest are allowed to view the downloads, but only registered members can really download the files?
Because now it says "view downloads" in the permission system, but that is confusing because that is not quite correct.
The "View" permission is not only the permission to view but also the permission to download.
So it would be nice if those were different permissions or it could be made that way some how.
Greetings, Black Tiger

vbgamer45

I have that option but in this version in the pro version of the mod.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Black Tiger

Ah that's a pity, becaus it's too expensive for my little usage of it. In that case guest access will have views disabled.
They can see the top 10 in the portal so they can see what's new.

Thank you for the quick response.
Greetings, Black Tiger

Dragon41673

Is there a way to FTP a file larger than 128mb so the download system can show it? Currently I'm limited by the PHP file limit size.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

vbgamer45

There is no option in the lite version.

You could upload a small file instead then replace that filename in the downloads directory with the large file
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Dragon41673

I think I am following what you're saying, if so...I'll give it a shot in a few days when I have time to toy with it.

Thanks!

Dragon41673

VB...sorry, haven't had time to give this a try...my newborn twins decided to show up on the 28th rather than wait till their due date! LOL

Soon as things normalize...I'll give this a shot. Thank you!

coolfx35

How do we enable Pretty-URL on this module?

Thanks.

vbgamer45

Currently not an option.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

wintstar

Error in package-info.xml

Beta 2""

find
Code (xml) Select
    <install for="2.1 - 2.1.99,2.1 Beta 1,2.1 Beta 2"">
replace with
Code (xml) Select
    <install for="2.1 - 2.1.99,2.1 Beta 1,2.1 Beta 2">

find
Code (xml) Select
    <upgrade for="2.1 - 2.1.99,2.1 Beta 1,2.1 Beta 2"">
replace with
Code (xml) Select
    <upgrade for="2.1 - 2.1.99,2.1 Beta 1,2.1 Beta 2">
Regards Stephan

,,In order for the possible to come into being, the impossible must be attempted again and again."
Hermann Hesse (1877-1962)

My HomepageMy Board - My Atelier

SMFHacks.com Team

Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

MaryLouW

I installed the Download System back in 2014 and we used it quite a lot. However, over time, our board has changed considerably and we opted to remove it since no one accesses it anymore.

I attempted to do just that but I got an error message.  I didn't know what to do so I did not complete the job.  I am attaching the error messages I got to see if you think it's safe for me to proceed.

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: MaryLouW on January 12, 2017, 03:17:09 AM
I installed the Download System back in 2014 and we used it quite a lot. However, over time, our board has changed considerably and we opted to remove it since no one accesses it anymore.

I attempted to do just that but I got an error message.  I didn't know what to do so I did not complete the job.  I am attaching the error messages I got to see if you think it's safe for me to proceed.

Yes, you can proceed, but you may get some errors at first, you'll need to verify that the subs.php and managepermissions.php file contain no references to the download module, the pretest errors in red will need to be done manually, it won't hurt a thing to skip the manual edit of the language file, but to be consistent you should do that too because if you decided to re-install the mod it will write that code again and duplicate itself
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MaryLouW

Hmmmm.....   when it comes to manual editing, that though scares me.  Not sure I am that brave.  Maybe I'll just leave it installed.  Just because it's there doesn't mean we have to use it.  Thank you both for your responses.  I will think about the edits but knowing me, that's as far as it will go - the thinking stage.

landyvlad

HI I'm a new noob at all this so please forgive dumbarse questions.

This mod looks great with lots of functionality but seems overly complex for what I want - simply a button in the top header saying "downloads"or "files"which then gives a list of options which people can click on to download. I don;t need stats, tracing, lockdowns by member group, any of that.

Is there another simple modout there that meets my basic needs?

Thanks.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

vbgamer45

Not really.
You can use a forum topic I guess.

If you want to rename downloads menu option it is found themes/default/languages/modifications.english.php if you install this mod

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

landyvlad

Thank you. I think that the functionality I want is in TinyPortal so I'll have a play with that. Cheers.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Advertisement: