Download System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 31, 2007, 06:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 11, 2014, 01:36:33 PM
You can remove it from the post now.

The tagging code looks good going to tweak it a little bit and add it to the main release.

Will check out the other changes as well.

Dude, what is wrong with your support site? It absolutely will not allow me to remain logged in, every time i try to do something it logs me out and won't let me back in? what's up with that?
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

SoultakerSpirit

I did a fresh install of the SMF forum and kept all the default settings. I then installed the Download System Mod and kept all its settings default aswell except the Max Download filesize which I set to 300MB. I can upload a .zip, .txt, and a picture. But, when I try to upload a file that is 200MB, I get a 404 page error. A friend of mine did the same thing only using Xampp and he didn't touch any settings at all and was able to upload a 300MB+ file on his test forum. I am using my own server machine running a windows server OS. Thanks.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

SoultakerSpirit

I have read the post you linked to me, but even after I configured my php.ini it still switches over to the 404 error page. I forgot to mention in my last post that it does show the upload going on. The percent as it says uploading. Once it hits 100% that's when it goes to the 404 error page.

vbgamer45

How big a file can you upload?

Did you check what your php.ini settings are when you visit a phpinfo page? Also if you using fastcgi you will have to update that as well.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SoultakerSpirit

I do not have FastCGI. I was able to only upload a 13MB file as a test.

vbgamer45

Did the settings take affect in the changes you made to the php.ini?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SoultakerSpirit

Yes it did. For example I put 1024M in the php.ini and it's showing the same within the Download System Configurations.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SoultakerSpirit

Yep. I have max upload as 1024M and max post as 2048M and both are showing up in the settings. And I know nothing is blocking uploads or I wouldn't be able to upload even the small files.

vbgamer45

Probably then something with the webserver itself blocking the request.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SoultakerSpirit

Wouldn't that block other files aswell? I can't call the webhost cause I am the webhost. lol. I own the server machine that everything is being ran on. I really do like this mod. I can do links, but then the filesize will show as 0kb and I would like those to show so people will know how big the files are that they are getting.

vbgamer45

It would only affect posts/uploads when ever you are putting the data.  Downloads are a different sotry.

I think I fetch the filesize in downloads pro.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Yeah has some extra added features such as charging for download credits etc.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SoultakerSpirit

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SoultakerSpirit

Max download sizes that people can download is set to 300mb. The files themselves that I want to upload is actually only 100-250mb each. No higher then that.

Arantor

You need to set the max_upload_size to the actual maximum size and post_max_size to *larger*. I generally suggest at least 3x the max_upload_size, because of the padding and fluff that gets put around any kind of upload by the HTTP protocol (since the post_max_size relates to the entire physical request being sent to the server, while max_upload_size relates to a specific part of it)

Advertisement: