News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Download System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 31, 2007, 06:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

MESWEB

Search keywords does not work! When I type any keyword defined before then I see all the time blank results of Search. I say this again: Function Keyword Search is broken. Now its clever to understand?

MESWEB

Next question. I think the search engine bot are downloading files. If i upload file then is not possible to immediately has been added to google index because this action has duration about 3-4 day or more. In my server log no one download this new file. So i think when search engine bot has indexing download file then he enter to download link and generates transfer from server. Can You explain more of this issue?

Kindred

It is not an issue....  if you have exposed the downloads to guests and allowed them to download files -- then the search engines will trigger a download count when they hot the link....   they probably won't TAKE the actual file, but it will be triggered and thus count.

Your solution would be to make the permissions so that guests can not download files.

If you think that is is a problem, that is, really, your only option.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on January 22, 2015, 07:15:10 AM
Your solution would be to make the permissions so that guests can not download files.

the free version has no permissions for who can download what. only the paid for version has that permission.

Kindred

well, then, that answers that...    either you make the downloads available to guests (and thus, will get the search engines triggering the link)  or you do not make the visible for guests at all...

there is no other option unless you purchase the pro version.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MESWEB

Quote from: Kindred on January 22, 2015, 07:15:10 AM
It is not an issue....  if you have exposed the downloads to guests and allowed them to download files -- then the search engines will trigger a download count when they hot the link....   they probably won't TAKE the actual file, but it will be triggered and thus count.

You have right. So permission for guest can't download has been bad idea. Better option would be insert captcha for this system - when You want file then enter valid code (captcha).

Black Tiger

On every description made when adding a new file, the word "Description:" is placed in front of it.
Where exactly can I remove this? I don't like that word being added every time on my file descriptions.
Greetings, Black Tiger

MESWEB

How to separate every keyword by , (comma) like this:
QuoteSMF 2.0.9, SMF 2.0.8, SMF 2.0.6,
etc. currently If I add keyword with space like this:
QuoteSMF 2.0.9 SMF 2.0.8 SMF 2.0.6
Every word next after space is a separate keyword like:
QuoteSMF
Quote2.0.9
QuoteSMF
Quote2.0.8
etc. How to change this separations by spaces?

Kindred

that is because keywords are, by definition, single words...   and a space separates words...
Слaва
Украинi

MESWEB

Quote from: Black Tiger on January 22, 2015, 03:03:48 PM
On every description made when adding a new file, the word "Description:" is placed in front of it.
Where exactly can I remove this? I don't like that word being added every time on my file descriptions.
Just delete this:
'<b>' . $txt['downloads_form_description'] . ' </b>' .
from Downloads2.template.php

MESWEB

Quote from: Kindred on January 22, 2015, 03:46:48 PM
that is because keywords are, by definition, single words...   and a space separates words...
So how to change this definition? Which file should be editing? Better if comma separate words.

Black Tiger

Greetings, Black Tiger

MESWEB

I have repaired: separate by , (comma) and issue: search by keywords. Now I have keywords with spaces separate with comma and when I clicked at keyword then show me files having keywords and delete max_lenght="100"

Black Tiger

Got another couple of questions.

1.) Is it possible to "pair" the categories or to have them displayed alphabetically in the dropdown list when adding a download?
As you can see from my screenshot, there are several "Dreambox" things, but every time I add something it would be easyer if they would be together, same for the other things. Like when they are displayed alphabetically.
See screenshot 1.

2.) When I edit a download, below the edit button to save it says "Old Download", even when I just added it. Why is it displaying "Old Download"?
See screenshot 2.
Greetings, Black Tiger

vbgamer45

1. Possibly I would have to add another setting for that. Right now I believe it is doing download display category order

2. It is just letting you know what the old file was if you change the download.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Black Tiger

1.) I don't know, looks more like some random thing. Dreambox firmware and Dreambox are displayed on top, but Dreambox utilities is not, and this was made the same time under the Dreambox categorie, so I don't think it displays in category order.
Would be nice if you could fix that.

2.) You mean if I edit an old file and put a new version in it? That's nice. But will it be seen as "new" file in the recent file list if I would update files that way?
Greetings, Black Tiger

vbgamer45

For 2. Wouldn't be considered new. Just the lasts modified/updated date would be updated

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Black Tiger

Ah oke thanks, in that case I will just add a new file like I did until now.
Would be nice if the sort order in the list would be fixed or if you know if I could easily fix this by editting a file.
If not I'll wait until the next release, thanks for the quick reply.
Greetings, Black Tiger

Advertisement: