News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Download System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 31, 2007, 06:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Tiger

Next to my previous comment about the sort order, I have another request.

Can it be made, that if you do something, the page will be focussed again to the same section you were before?

For example. I'm in the download section category=4. I got a list of files there and need to delete some files.
From there I can only to that one by one, which is not a big problem.

However, after clicking delete, there is a confirmation screen (which is good), I click delete and then the screen puts me here:
action=downloads;sa=myfiles;u=2

It would be a lot better if I was put back were I was working before and where I choose to delete that file, so in:
action=downloads;cat=4

That way you can work further from where you were and don't have to click to get back to the section you were before every time.
Greetings, Black Tiger

Miker1029

Hey Love The Download Mod, I'm new to SMF, So I just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents about whats lacking in the MOD...

1. Adding sub-Cats, After you Submit it It takes you back to the Main DL screen, Where you have to go BACK to add more...
2. Can't add file size in linked downloads, ALL my DL's are off-site... I'm on a limited data plan so I know clicking a link (especially to Google Drive) is a PITA just to find out it'd take 1gig of my 2.5 gig LTE Limit.....

Just some Ideas for Improvement...If your open to em, Like I said I love the MOD In general, Just as an ADMIN, can be a pain with the constant clicking/page loads....

Unless I'm missing something, like I said I'm New to SMF, Been using Phpbb for 8 Months... and Decided to make the change..

Mike

vbgamer45

Thanks for the comments.
1. Might require modifying some sources. What do you want the behavior to be?

2. That should be fixed in Downloads Pro which adds some more http://www.smfhacks.com/download-system-pro.php
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Black Tiger

1.) I second that request, same goes for adding a download.
This is what the behaviour should be:
After adding, take us back to the screen in which you can add a download would be nice.
After adding a subcategory, take the screen back to the main category from where you can add another sub-category.
Shortly said, if you do an action, the behaviour should be that you would be taken back to the screen you were before (from which you started the action).
Greetings, Black Tiger

Enzofielt

Hello to all, I am using this mod for 6 years now.
Really happy with it, the only problem is the size of the database.
Removing downloads has to be done one by one, is there a way to delete multiple downloads at once?

I am still using 1.4.1, would updating to 2.5 be recommended?

Thanks already
Running my forum on SMF 2.0.13

vbgamer45

I don't believe so but you can try to upgrade I think adds some new things. Look at chnagelog for details
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Enzofielt

Thanks, just upgrade or uninstall the 1.4.1 and then install 2.5?

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Enzofielt

Dragon41673

I just installed this mod, but there's no faq with it to explain some things. I've figured out how to set the permissions & how to allow creation of categories...but when I try to make one, the image I'm using is supposedly too big, yet it does not say what the image size limitations are for the category.

Does anyone know?

Thank you
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

vbgamer45

I think there is a category image setting under the main downloads settings area.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Dragon41673

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Dragon41673

vbgamer45...

I'm getting an error trying to upload a 50.2MB file to the download system.

The PHP Upload Max Filesize & Post Max Filesize are set to 100M so I'm guessing that's Megabytes but that's usually shown by a MB...not an M. Either way...it just won't upload.

I checked my error log and PM'd you what it is saying...

Any ideas?

Thanks

vbgamer45

That error code is not related to file downloads

What was the error you got on the page?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Dragon41673

Huh...

The error screen told me to check the error logs in cpanel...so that's what I did! LOL

I'll try it again & see what happens.

Dragon41673

Ok...it got to 100% uploaded then gave me this screen attached...

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Dragon41673

vbgamer45

Look at the httpd.conf file for apache and check for file upload limits.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: