Download System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 31, 2007, 06:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

landyvlad

OK I installed the (free) SMF Hacks Download system.
Install went OK but when I press the IMPORT TINYPORTAL DOWNLOADS

I got:

QuoteUnknown column 'authorid' in 'field list'
File: /home/gsxowner/public_html/forum/Sources/Downloads2.php
Line: 5621

Can anyone please help? I want to get this going ASAP.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

vbgamer45

Are you using the latest TinyPortal?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: MaryLouW on January 12, 2017, 02:53:07 PM
Hmmmm.....   when it comes to manual editing, that though scares me.  Not sure I am that brave.  Maybe I'll just leave it installed.  Just because it's there doesn't mean we have to use it.  Thank you both for your responses.  I will think about the edits but knowing me, that's as far as it will go - the thinking stage.

I understand your concern, but if you are going to continue using and managing SMF and third party modules, I am pretty certain you will run into this situation more often than is comfortable for you, the whole point of the SMF© platform being Open Source is that it allows for customization by anyone who has some knowledge about how the system is structured and knowledge of PHP coding or any combination of those skills and related file structures/languages that SMF uses... some coders have more experience than others, and even for the experienced coders, the core system changes sometimes throws the module designer's structures slightly out of whack to a point where it will throw up some errors in the package manager pre-test... you might say that the SMF platform is a kind of teaching platform, its very nature takes you out of your comfort zone when glitches occur, you either take that and learn something new, correcting the problem yourself, contact the module author and have them fix it, or do without that particular functionality... not trying to change your mind, just saying that the very nature of SMF takes many site owners out of their comfort zone at times, and there are options available to the owner to keep the system running smoothly, even newbies.
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

landyvlad

Yep I understand that Bob.  And occassional issues as I go along I can deal with but I'm in the process of setting up a site and for various reasons its pretty urgent I get it up and running properly as soon as I can. Thus my anxiety.

vbgamer has been VERY helpful to me on a few questions I had re his mods. The biggest  issue in getting anything resolved is simply the time difference between Australia and wherever he is.   :)
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

vbgamer45

Still working on it have to test that version of tinyportal then the conversion process to make sure it handles it correctly.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SMFHacks.com Team

New update!
!Fixed tiny portal conversion for SMF 2.0 uses author_id if found
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

landyvlad

Champion, thanks heaps !

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

landyvlad

Went to uninstall existing version and got errors as attached.

I have the following mods installed currently.

Responsive Curve 1.0.0
Social Login 3.5
Yet Another YouTube BBCode Tag 4.1
SMF Gallery Pro 7.2.1a
TinyPortal 1.2
and of course,
Downloads system 2.6a

vbgamer45

Mods normally have to  be uninstalled in order they were last installed.

You can install the new download system on top of the old one.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

landyvlad

I probably should have kept track then.  :D  What if someone had 20 mods (for example) and wanted to uninstall the first mod.  They'd have to rebuild the whole forum ???:-\

I'll go try the upgrade. Cheers.

Kindred

or you can manually apply the uninstall actions, the same way you might have to manually apply the installation actions
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

landyvlad

Illori - genius.

Thanks all much appreciated.

SMFHacks.com Team

Update!

+Added add download item to menu on all download pages that have buttons. Should make it easier to find.
+Link tree added all download pages
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite

GL700Wing

I've installed I have a category with 6 items in it and after clicking on any item title link I get detailed information for that item - so far so good!

The screen with the detailed information also includes links for the 'Previous Download' and 'Next Download' items.  However, clicking on these links does the opposite to what I expect.  If I am viewing the 3rd item and click on 'Previous Download' it takes me to the 4th item and if I click on 'Next Download' it takes me to the 2nd item.

I've been able to get the Previous Download/Next Download links working as I expect by making the following changes in ./Sources/Downloads2.php:

Find:
    // Get previous download
    $dbresult = $smcFunc['db_query']('', "
    SELECT
        ID_FILE
    FROM {db_prefix}down_file
    WHERE ID_CAT = $ID_CAT AND approved = 1 AND ID_FILE > $id  LIMIT 1");

Replace with:
    // Get previous download
    SELECT
        ID_FILE
    WHERE ID_CAT = $ID_CAT AND approved = 1 AND ID_FILE < $id
    ORDER BY ID_FILE DESC LIMIT 1");

Find:
    // Get next download
    SELECT
        ID_FILE
    WHERE ID_CAT = $ID_CAT AND approved = 1 AND ID_FILE > $id  LIMIT 1");

Replace with:
    // Get next download
    SELECT
        ID_FILE
    WHERE ID_CAT = $ID_CAT AND approved = 1 AND ID_FILE < $id
    ORDER BY ID_FILE DESC LIMIT 1");

PS:  I first started using this Downloads System mod in late 2012 and discovered this issue back then - I've fixed it in each release I've subsequently installed but never got around to reporting here until now.
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

SMFHacks.com Team

Went a similar route just made a minor change to the query

!Fixed next and previous links in the download system.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite

wtfreak

Please advise.  I am getting an error when I try to upload a file.  I have attached a screen shot of the error.  I can upload very small files but I need to upload larger file sizes I.E. 75 to 80 megs.  Any help would be great.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

wtfreak

vbgamer45 thank you for your quick response and I did that and am still getting the same error about the title.  I am putting a title on the file.  I just cant figure out how to get this to work.  Could you possibly join me on my TS and help me out?

Edit:  vbgamer45 again thank you for your quick response but I have finally figured it out. 

Advertisement: