News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Advice please on website name!

Started by moraidh, November 02, 2007, 06:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moraidh

My online forum at radicalreaction.com has been slow to grow over the last few months, in terms of attracting active members.

My colleagues have suggested to me that part of the problem might be that the name might have negative connotations, particularly in the USA, so I thought I'd some hear for some wider feedback.

As a Brit, for me it can refer to both right and left, but generally indicates a desire for change of a more significant degree, more often than not from a progressive or liberal perspective, which is what the site is about.

My US colleagues have suggested that the word "radical" there is really associated with the radical right, or now in particular, radical Islam.

These latter two associations are ones I want to avoid, so I would be grateful for some feedback so I can see how widespread this view is!

I have always thought it's more of an advertising matter, but if there is an issue with the name, I might have to consider "rebranding" the site and registering a new domain name!

Many thanks in advance!

ghost21

radical means to me something new and uinexpected

dakotaroar

It sounds good to me.  I think anyone who associates the word 'radical' with 'radical Islam' immediately has more problems than you can fix anyway :)
The only forum for students in North and South Dakota!  Campus Dakota.

catchpen

I had to read your post before associating it with politics at all.  I'm old school - radical dude! Surf's up!

Advertisement: