News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Advice on another change.

Started by gerrymore, November 25, 2004, 12:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrymore

I have recently changed the look of our forum. I want to make one last change to it. I want to theme it like this.

Would I be correct in thinking that if I copy and paste all the code from index.template.php into this page using Dreamweaver, then saving as index.template.php and uploading, that it would work?

It's not an essential change, I'd just like to see the same graphics at the sides the same as the rest of the site.

G.
SMF RC1, Tiny Portal 0.75, Coppermine 1.3.3, Flashchat.

A.M.A

Not exactly .. you have to apply the new look to index.template.php .. from your link here is how to do it .. look for:
// Because of the way width/padding are calculated, we have to tell Internet Explorer 4 and 5 that the content should be 100% wide. (or else it will assume about 108%!)
echo '
<div id="headerarea" style="padding: 12px 30px 4px 30px;', $context['browser']['needs_size_fix'] && !$context['browser']['is_ie6'] ? ' width: 100%;' : '', '">';

and replace it with:
Quote// Because of the way width/padding are calculated, we have to tell Internet Explorer 4 and 5 that the content should be 100% wide. (or else it will assume about 108%!)
   echo '
   <div id="headerarea" style="padding: 12px 30px 4px 30px;', $context['browser']['needs_size_fix'] && !$context['browser']['is_ie6'] ? ' width: 100%;' : '', '">
  <table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
    <tr>
      <td background="roses_l.gif" width="100">&nbsp;</td>
      <td>
';

then look for:
echo '
</body>
</html>';

and replace it with:
Quoteecho '
      </td>
      <td background="roses_r.gif" width="100">&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>
  </table>

</body>
</html>';
note that you need to specify the exact location of those images.
Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

Advertisement: