News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Setting Up TinyPortal and SMF

Started by sambooka, November 13, 2007, 04:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sambooka

OK Guyz,

I am wanting to increase my community awareness, I am already using SMF and my url points to www.site.com/forums

I am working on a dev site and would like to add TinyPortal.

My question is this, "How should I install this for maximum community potential?"

I am thinking that if you go to www.site.com I would like it to pull up TinyPortal/SMF instead of having to go to another link to get to the forums. AN example is http://www.dzinerstudio.com/ how do they set theirs up!?

What do you guyz think of that!??  Am I on the right track?  Will my TP/SMF front page rate me higher in search engines?

Please let me know, I would like to do this upgrade tonight.

Thanks soooo much!

sambooka

Well, no responses :(

Can anybody tell me what the ultimate setup would be? For a community?  Using TP and SMF?

My current forum points to www.site.com/forums .. will I need to place a pointer in there to point to the root directory? Is there a page/pointer that will take the original links to forum topics and point them to another location on the forum, such as the root area?

Thanks

nick09

hmmm....

i think they made smf in the main directory.

inside of a www.site.com/forum for example.

babjusi

If you want it the way that other site had it, then I would suggest that you install smf in the root directory and then install TP

Advertisement: