News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

How should I tackle This?

Started by LuntiX, November 14, 2007, 12:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LuntiX

Well, I plan on hosting a moderately sized gaming community on my domain, I went from SMF -> Joomla -> PHP-Nuke -> SMF

Now I have all my boards set up (http://chemicalwarfaresoup.com/index.php [nofollow]) how I like them. I have a friend making the theme for the boards. Now, one thing that I need to know is what else should I add? Addons, etc.

I do have the youtube bbc code addon and that's about it. I tried SMF Gallery lite but it never gave a link on the navigation menu,

shadow82x

Mods I like are...

- Attachment positioning (you can place inline attachments with this)
- youtube bbc
- message preview hover
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

LuntiX

I have the youtube one already. Mind linking me to the others?

LuntiX

Alright, all 3 are installed. Any other suggestions? I really want this site to succeed.

SleePy

For the site to succeed, what is the point? There are hundreds of other gaming community forums out there, what makes your forum so special?
Attack that point and build your base on it, mods and such wont bring a user, what will bring somebody is a reason to use that forum. You use Our forums for support and questions related to SMF. There is a point, its for Support, advvancement, customization and general chat about SMF with some generalized boards.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

LuntiX

For the most part is for Support, Advancement and General chat about games. I don't want to tackle customization because I came from a well know FPS customization community where they tend to call websites other members make that deal with games "Knock offs".

Advertisement: