News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

How can I Improve?

Started by wwe9112, November 17, 2007, 06:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwe9112

Does anyone have any ideas for me to get more members and activity going. I can't even get anyone to register and I'm getting some really good traffic. my forum is http://www.prowrestlingnow.com I really need some help, I know alot about wrestling and stuff, but I have 3 members me and another friend and someone else I don't know lol.

Phillip88

I feel your pain I am having the same problem. Have you submitted your site to Google and Yahoo? Thats not much help though it could take two weeks for the search engine to find you. If you figure it out let me know.

Afterglow86

The best way is word of mouth, you have to put yourself out there. Also, a subtle link in your signature on other forums you visit wouldn't go astray either. =]

wwe9112

Quote from: Phillip88 on November 17, 2007, 07:57:40 PM
I feel your pain I am having the same problem. Have you submitted your site to Google and Yahoo? Thats not much help though it could take two weeks for the search engine to find you. If you figure it out let me know.
Yes I did, I'm getting hits from google.

HoTmetal

Here's a few quick ones.

Set some realistic goals.- set some very specific, well defined goals. Write them down. Place them somewhere you see frequently. Whats the goal of your website? What are you trying to accomplish? ETC, ETC...
Dedicate some time. - Set aside X number of hours a day to work on your site.
(This includes doing some research, there are many good posts here, that you should read about starting a website. )

Hope that helps :D

Sybille Yates

The first that come to my mind is: - Too many empty boards, you should post in every board at least 2-3 threads to start them of, use polls, people love them, keep your post open, end with "And your opinion is...?" for example to encourage your members to answer.
Finding people: Where are people that are interested in your topic, how could you invite them to join? Hope that helps, SY

Advertisement: