SMF and Mambo 4.5.1 : Not authorized to view this resource...

Started by TrevorNet, December 01, 2004, 01:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrevorNet

First off, thank you for this excellent forum. If I can get it working as expected, I'm sure my users will put it to good use.

Domain : hxxp:www.gothicplanet.com [nonactive]

Navigation Link : New Forum near the bottom of the left user menu.

Problem : New User Registration through Mambo 4.5.1.

Symptoms : When I place the following URL into my address bar : hxxp:www.gothicplanet.com/index.php?option=com_smf_registration&task=register [nonactive] , I receive this message "You are not authorized to view this resource."

Additional Info : I've managed to get the initial login module visually tweaked and working. The login and register links are still funked, but I am certain that I can figure that one out. I just need to re-activate the registration process. :'(  Another hint of a bad install points to the fact that when I go into my administration area, and click on either of the  Simple Machines "Edit Config" links, I get returned to the initial administrative screen sans any sort of configuration adjustment form.

Did I just not follow the install instructions? Am I missing something? Any help would be ***GREATLY*** appreciated! This one has had me stumped for two days now. I will happily provide root access to someone willing to lend me a hand on this.

Best Regards,
Trevor Scott

[Unknown]

I think you have to publish the module, or something... it looks as if it's currently set to be accessable only to those logged in.

I'm afraid I'm not that knowledgable when it comes to Mambo, but I do hope this might help.

-[Unknown]

Orstio

QuoteSymptoms : When I place the following URL into my address bar : http://www.gothicplanet.com/index.php?option=com_smf_registration&task=register , I receive this message "You are not authorized to view this resource."

Additional Info : I've managed to get the initial login module visually tweaked and working. The login and register links are still funked, but I am certain that I can figure that one out. I just need to re-activate the registration process.   Another hint of a bad install points to the fact that when I go into my administration area, and click on either of the  Simple Machines "Edit Config" links, I get returned to the initial administrative screen sans any sort of configuration adjustment form.

Did I just not follow the install instructions? Am I missing something? Any help would be ***GREATLY*** appreciated! This one has had me stumped for two days now. I will happily provide root access to someone willing to lend me a hand on this.

From the instructions for the registration component:

QuoteYou should not link this as a component to your menu, as the query string will not come out correctly.

You not only linked the registration as a component, you set the Access to "Registered" .  How do you suppose anyone is going to register, when they must already be registered and logged in to view the registration page?

Delete that menu item.  It will only cause you problems.

Go to your Menu manager, and add a new item, as "Link - URL" (NOT AS A COMPONENT!).

Use http://www.gothicplanet.com/index.php?option=com_smf_registration&task=register as the URL.

TrevorNet

OK, I removed the original component menu item and added the link as a URL. I've double checked the permissions and it is set to "public" access. The results are still the same.  ::) That is, "You are not authorized to view this resource."

Orstio

TrevorNet

Yeah, Mambo adds the Itemid parameter to the link. The link I put in was hxxp:www.gothicplanet.com/index.php?option=com_smf_registration&task=register [nonactive] .

Kindred

Trevor,

If you install the SMF_LOGIN module correctly, you will not need to link to the registration module, since the login module calls the reg task and the login task when a user is not logged in...

To install the login module correctly, you have to UNPUBLISH your mambo login module.
(you might want to also unpublish the phbb login module...)

PUBLISH your smf_login module (which you have done)

and make certain you have properly changed the login welcome string in the index.english.php file.

(this last bit was missing from some versions of the readme files in 2.03 and 2.04 of the bridge.)

specifically, (from Orstio)

Recommended:

In your SMF Theme, you'll probably want to change in index.english.php:

$txt['welcome_guest'] = 'Welcome, <b>' . $txt[28] . '</b>. Please <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=login">login</a> or <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=register">register</a>.';

to:

$txt['welcome_guest'] = 'Welcome, <b>' . $txt[28] . '</b>. Please login or <a href="http://www.your-mambo-installation.com/directory/index.php?option=com_smf_registration&task=register">register</a>.';

You may also want to search through your index.template.php, and make the following changes:

change:

action=login2

to:

action=mambo_login

change:

action=logout

to:

action=mambo_logout

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Orstio

QuoteOK, I removed the original component menu item and added the link as a URL.

Did you delete it, or just unpublish it?  Just unpublishing it, but adding a new link to it is also not going to work.

[EDIT] OK, I thought perhaps you had added the registration link to your User Menu somewhere as well, which would result in that also.  So, I tried registering, and found a blank page also.....

http://www.gothicplanet.com/index.php?option=com_registration&task=register

Do you have registration disabled in Mambo?  In your Mambo admin panel, in Global configuration "Allow User Registration" will have to be set to "Yes".

Advertisement: