Abangyarudo

Quote from: AnnaLee on September 09, 2007, 07:11:20 PM
Space, designed by simply sibyl. 

I'm not a coding guru but I'll see what I can find out for ya

Abangyarudo

Abangyarudo

AnnaLee

Quote from: Abangyarudo on September 09, 2007, 09:03:30 PM

do you know how to edit php in a program like dreamweaver or something?

That I can do, if I know exactly what needs editing and where. :)

Anna

Abangyarudo

Quote from: Abangyarudo on December 29, 2006, 07:23:23 AM
I'm having problems I have Smf 1.1.1 unfornatly it doesn't work as there is no way to switch personas. When I install it I get
Type Action Description
1. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/english/persona.gif 
2. Extract File ./Sources/Personas.php 
3. Extract File ./Themes/default/Personas.template.php 
4. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Sources/Load.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test successful
8. Execute Modification ./index.php Test successful
9. Execute Modification ./Sources/Profile.php Test successful
10. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php Test successful
11. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test failed
12. Execute Code PersonasDB.php

Modify: I fixed the problem it was with my themes index.template.php. I am using Black Rain by Crip so in the interest of helping anybody with similar issues heres what I did. After installing the mod edit index.template.php. This is only through trial and error and observing the differences in coding it may not work with other themes. 
Find
// the [member] list button
if ($context['allow_memberlist'])
echo '<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=mlist"><span>' , $txt[331] , '</span></a></li>';

Insert After it
if (allowedTo('personas_change'))
echo '<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=personas"><span>' , $txt['personas_menu'] , '</span></a></li>';

Anna use the button directions said here make sure to make a copy incase it doesn't work. So if you have any problems ya can just replace it again this was what worked with my theme.
I haven't gotten around to installing that theme on my forum and playing with it.

Eliana Tamerin

Bug Report:

If a single persona is assigned to two different accounts, and one enters that persona while the other is under the persona as well, the first person is unable to return to normal. The only situation I might see this happening for is if two people share an account, or if it was a staff account, like an NPC.

Also, personas cannot be assigned by user account ID for some reason. Suggest either allowing this or changing the text to say "Enter Persona Account Username" or something like that.

Other than that, good mod. Hope you can get this polished and up on the main SMF mod site. It's a powerful mod.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

Abangyarudo

I think thats the purpose of it really. I really don't share accounts in the rp games I work on NPCS are always played by one st well before I had some downtime with school and stopped working on it. As far as the account ID thats interesting. I guess we'll see if the mod designer takes ya advice

Eliana Tamerin

Well, at least it would be good to make sure it's either impossible to log on as a persona if someone else is on it (and active within the whoisonline list parameter) or be able to track who logged on from where.

Download | Docs

Abangyarudo

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on October 08, 2007, 12:51:06 AM
Well, at least it would be good to make sure it's either impossible to log on as a persona if someone else is on it (and active within the whoisonline list parameter) or be able to track who logged on from where.

maybe he'll add that as a feature but I don't know because I'm not the author if it was meant to handle such things as staff run npcs and etc.

askaniblue

Hello! After much hunting someone mentioned your mod. I run an RPG site with a friend so this thing should be awesome for us. I only have a couple questions. Firstly, we're using 1.1.2, so do we have to do anything special to install your mod, and secondly, why isn't it in the mod section of SMF? *pouts at how hard this mod was to find*

Abangyarudo

Quote from: askaniblue on October 28, 2007, 02:55:30 PM
Hello! After much hunting someone mentioned your mod. I run an RPG site with a friend so this thing should be awesome for us. I only have a couple questions. Firstly, we're using 1.1.2, so do we have to do anything special to install your mod, and secondly, why isn't it in the mod section of SMF? *pouts at how hard this mod was to find*

I'm not the mod's author but its still in beta meaning it either hasn't been submitted or failed their coding tests. Either way its in a testing phase and while it works perfectly for me after some fine tuning it hasn't been guaranteed to work. I personally run it on SMF 1.1.2 without any problems.

EDIT: Fixed spelling mistakes

askaniblue

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to talk to our webmistress and see if we can't get this on our site. It would make everyone really happy.

Abangyarudo

Also to clarify my fine tuning was due to my custom theme so its really not the mod's fault.

jkrlvgn

So, I love this mod, but...trying to keep my error log error free...

I'm not sure where this is coming from, but...I've got to be missing something...and...I keep getting this:

8: Use of undefined constant Personas - assumed 'Personas'

.....any ideas?

jack

Hi guys, I've got a bit of time to work on this again. Apologiers for not following the thread more closely - I thought it were dead as I hadn't recieved notifications for it.

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on October 03, 2007, 02:19:17 PMIf a single persona is assigned to two different accounts, and one enters that persona while the other is under the persona as well, the first person is unable to return to normal. The only situation I might see this happening for is if two people share an account, or if it was a staff account, like an NPC.

That's odd, I've not noticed (or been informed) of that on my site - which is used for presicely that, NPC characters for players and staff, I will check it out. I can't think why this would happen, when you say 'cannot return to normal', what happens? is the option just not there.

QuoteAlso, personas cannot be assigned by user account ID for some reason. Suggest either allowing this or changing the text to say "Enter Persona Account Username" or something like that.

Unfortunately, UserIDs are all numerical, if I accepted UserIDs, there would be no way for my code to distingush between an ID and numerical username.

QuoteOther than that, good mod. Hope you can get this polished and up on the main SMF mod site. It's a powerful mod.

Thanks! I have it working on 2.0B3 here now and intend to put that through the formal mod publication process :)

jack

Quote from: jkrlvgn on January 04, 2008, 11:30:10 PM
So, I love this mod, but...trying to keep my error log error free...

I'm not sure where this is coming from, but...I've got to be missing something...and...I keep getting this:

8: Use of undefined constant Personas - assumed 'Personas'

.....any ideas?

i thought I had corrected something similar a while ago - what version of the mod are you using?
* jack goes off to kick the notification settings.

Eliana Tamerin

Quote from: jack on April 26, 2008, 08:52:14 AM
Hi guys, I've got a bit of time to work on this again. Apologiers for not following the thread more closely - I thought it were dead as I hadn't recieved notifications for it.

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on October 03, 2007, 02:19:17 PMIf a single persona is assigned to two different accounts, and one enters that persona while the other is under the persona as well, the first person is unable to return to normal. The only situation I might see this happening for is if two people share an account, or if it was a staff account, like an NPC.

That's odd, I've not noticed (or been informed) of that on my site - which is used for presicely that, NPC characters for players and staff, I will check it out. I can't think why this would happen, when you say 'cannot return to normal', what happens? is the option just not there.

Correct, it does not appear in that situation.

QuoteAlso, personas cannot be assigned by user account ID for some reason. Suggest either allowing this or changing the text to say "Enter Persona Account Username" or something like that.

Unfortunately, UserIDs are all numerical, if I accepted UserIDs, there would be no way for my code to distingush between an ID and numerical username.

You have a point there. Another useful feature might be to accept real/display names alongside usernames. Would assist greatly on my site, where the display name field is displayed on registration page for members to take advantage of it.

QuoteOther than that, good mod. Hope you can get this polished and up on the main SMF mod site. It's a powerful mod.

Thanks! I have it working on 2.0B3 here now and intend to put that through the formal mod publication process :)

I would love it for 2.0. I haven't upgraded my forums yet, since Tinyportal is still strictly 1.1.4 and won't allow any DIY upgrade tutorials by members. But, in the future, when it decides to play nice and friendly, I should think I'll be upgrading my forums, and I'd love the MPM for 2.0.

One last thing, might be a small aesthetic thing, but why isn't there some kind of submit button for assigning personas? I was thinking of someone who might be on a tablet PC or iPhone with a touch-only interface, and would have no way of assigning personas from that kind of interface.

Anyways, I should say thanks for a great mod. I can't wait to see what improvements you make for it in the future. Thanks for the good work and hard effort!

Download | Docs

jack

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on April 26, 2008, 09:36:23 AMCorrect, it does not appear in that situation.

Hmm.. I'll check it out.

QuoteYou have a point there. Another useful feature might be to accept real/display names alongside usernames. Would assist greatly on my site, where the display name field is displayed on registration page for members to take advantage of it.

It already uses the standard SMF user search widget. Click on the blue box thing just to the right of the input box and you can search for users using realnames and wildcards.

QuoteOne last thing, might be a small aesthetic thing, but why isn't there some kind of submit button for assigning personas? I was thinking of someone who might be on a tablet PC or iPhone with a touch-only interface, and would have no way of assigning personas from that kind of interface.

Good point. I'll add that.

QuoteAnyways, I should say thanks for a great mod. I can't wait to see what improvements you make for it in the future. Thanks for the good work and hard effort!

You're welcome :)

Advertisement: