Member Specific Permissions

Started by Grudge, December 05, 2004, 11:11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grudge

Link to Mod

This mod allows you to issue permissions on a member by member basis.
I'm only a half geek really...

Max Shanly

Excellent Mod, Grudge. Just what I have been looking for, I was actually in the process of developing a modification similar to this.

Well Done Matt.

-Linspired

The-Prophets

I installed this yesterday. Thanks a million for creating this mod, it'll really be helpful for my community as I need specific controls.

Bushwaiter

Hi,
Could you explain in short how it works, i.e. how do you add member specific permissions. Now the list is still empty.

gr.

Bushwaiter
International Vulcan Forum: http://vulcanriders.net

Grudge

Go to "Show Permissions" in someones profile - it will be at the bottom

Bushwaiter

Thanks!!!!

{It works fine!!! I've b'n waitin'for this!!!!}

Have a nice day,

Bushwaiter
International Vulcan Forum: http://vulcanriders.net

Juggler

Well it's installed fine but it doesn't appear to have the functionality I thought it would.

I was hoping that I could assign individual members to a board without having to put them in a member group. That way each member gets the benefit of the post count icons I have set up without having to have a fixed Icon because they're a Moderator or Administrator.

Is this already possible somehow or can it be done with this Mod and have I missed something obvious?
The Blue Buzzards
Flying Scooter Display Team
#69 Squadron
www.bluebuzzards.com

Grudge

Sorry, it's purely about permissions not access. Access would actually be quite a bit harder to do I think :/

helenbpd

Uploaded & working A-1!  Thanks so much for developing it.  Very needed & very happy.  :)

jcollins

I am looking for a mod that will permit a member or group to post an event to the calendar but limit the post to their default forum.  Will the mod allow members to post to the calendar and if so will they be limited to their default forum?

Thanks very much for your time and answer.

Jim

Grudge

I'm afraid although it can allow them to either post or not post calendar events you cannot do anything to limit it by boards.

Midgard

I like it! So useful mod! Thank you Grudge

huijaa

How can a specific member only see on board? This board may be not shown for all members, except specific member.
Dovenforum Nederland -- a forum for deaf people in the Netherlands --

Grudge

huijaa, unfortunatly if you want them to only SEE a board, you'll have to create a membergroup and do it the traditional way (Create a membergroup, give that membergroup access to the board, assign member to membergroup), as my mod only handles permissions and not access. (Which would be a much bigger resource drain on page loads)

Gandalf

i have maybe a problem i can't see anything when i click on http://www.siemens-mobiles.org/forum/index.php?action=permissions;sa=mspecific i just see the header above what can be the prob?
Siemens-mobiles.org Visit it and you won't regret it :D

Ruth

Hey Grudge, great call! Now you want to make a version that allows us to assign one or more people in a group permission to add/remove others from that group? So the moderator of a private board is able to grant people access to that private board?

Check here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=28917.0;topicseen
for more info :)

rider

Quote from: Grudge on January 21, 2005, 08:09:11 AM
huijaa, unfortunatly if you want them to only SEE a board, you'll have to create a membergroup and do it the traditional way (Create a membergroup, give that membergroup access to the board, assign member to membergroup), as my mod only handles permissions and not access. (Which would be a much bigger resource drain on page loads)
I have done this and The member can still view the rest of the forums.Is another way to do this?Thanks rider

deadscion

I was wondering if you could someday add some catagory specific permissions so somebody could be assigned his own catagory to manage, creating or deleting his own boards.

azuregenesis

umm, i just wanted to post that i get an error with this mod when i click on show poermissions for the administartor.

i'm guessing this is due to the fatc that you can't assign member specific permissions to an administrator since "As an administrator, this member has all possible permissions."

it works for everyone else that's not admin though. (from global mods to newbs)

the error is this:

2: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
File: BBS/Themes/default/languages/Admin.english.php (eval?)
Line: 1439

can anyone (hopefully grudge) can tell me what's up? or how to fix it?

thank you.

Grudge

Hi,

I think I've probably fixed the bug, please try uninstalling the current version and installing the NEW version on my package server/mod site. Sorry it's taking me ages to get to package problems at the moment - very busy...

Grudge

Advertisement: