News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Treasury

Started by Resourcez, December 13, 2007, 12:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltedWeb

Another question :

Under " PayPal Receiver Email ",   do I have to use my email or can I use the paypal merchant code they provide ?

It seems to work, but have no way to test until someone joins so when I click the donate it goes to pay pal fine .
But wondered about the code ?

Thanks

Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

T3CHN0

Great mad mate.
Any chance you could add the paypal option for paying through
paypal with either a paypal account and or credit card

ps
just noticed under the button path   /index.php?action=admin;area=treasury
it says Your version is 2.12 -  the latest version 2.10 is Available Here !!!

that's like saying turn right to go left :) just thought you would like to know so you can correct it.

Dumke

Anyway to add more payment methods?

eldritch1969

Hi !
Awesome mod ! How can you integrate a block with it on Tiny Portal

I just can't seem to figure it out

Thx

wlchase

Bill http://www.czfirearms.us  SysAdmin

samurai-lupin

Hello,

I have been using your fine Donatons Pro mod for a very longt time on my SMF 1.1.20 board. However starting on July the 20th the auto response from PayPal seems to started to fail. People can still make donations but they no longer get entered into the database as there seems to be a problem with  PayPals autoresposne to ipndopro.php. Thus the donatons of course do not get listed on the site and people do not get moved to the donators membergroup etc.

Is there a fix for this issue?

Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you

Ataru Moroboshi

Hello.

Paypal is upgrading certificates, IPN endpoints has to be changed?

I really don't know, someone could help me to know if something needs to be changed in that mod?

here's the mail from PayPal

IMMEDIATE ATTENTION REQUIRED: PayPal service upgrades.

PayPal service upgrades.

Claudio Dagostin,

As we have previously communicated to you, PayPal is upgrading the certificate for www.paypal.com to SHA-256. This endpoint is also used by merchants using the Instant Payment Notification (IPN) product.

This upgrade is scheduled for 30/9/2015; however, we may need to change this date on short notice to you to align to the industry security standard.

You're receiving this notification because you've been identified as a merchant who has used IPN endpoints within the past year. If you have not made the necessary changes, we urge you to do so right away to avoid a disruption of your service!

Because these changes are technical in nature, we advise that you consult with your individuals responsible for your PayPal integration. They will be able to identify what, if any, changes are needed. Please share this email and the hyperlinks below with your technical contact for evaluation.

Testing in the Sandbox is one of the best ways to make sure your integrations work. Sandbox endpoints have been upgraded to accept secure connections by the SHA-256 Certificates.

Full technical details can be found in our Merchant Security System Upgrade Guide. In addition, our 2015-2016 SSL Certificate Change microsite contains a schedule of our service upgrade plan.

Thanks for your patience as we continue to improve our services.

Gryzor

Hm, good catch. I got the email as well but I didn't think to link the info with the forum and what this means for it... hope it doesn't upend things!

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Gryzor

Yeah, that doesn't help much I'm afraid...

margarett

SMF (like pretty much every other PHP script) uses cURL to connect to PayPal. That relies on some PHP stuff which should handle sha256 properly (assuming that your server isn't very outdated)
If cURL isn't available, then a regular HTTP POST is attempted. This should probably be blocked by PP even today...

Bottom line: it is expected to continue to work.

I don't have one of those IPN things (never used paid stuff in my forums...) so I can't test. But if the changes are just what they say in their message, it should just work ;)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Gryzor

Ataru Moroboshi

Resourcez

Noted - same email received here.

For those not on servers suitable for SHA-256 (there should be very few), PayPal do allow an alternative that will delay the inevitable until Q3 2016, enough time for you make a change.

I will provide the solution that buys you that time, but you will still need to plan to provide for SHA-256.

And yes, cURL should deal with it, but there are still some stuck with fsockopen.
If you have everything under control, you're not moving fast enough.
Bugs HereSupport HereDonationsProPackage Parser
TP 1.1 • SMF 1.1.21/2.0.9 • MySQL 5.6.23 PHP 5.4.42 Apache 2.4.12
(PMs not responded to - I provide a support site)

Ataru Moroboshi

Quote from: Resourcez on September 12, 2015, 08:35:09 AM
Noted - same email received here.

For those not on servers suitable for SHA-256 (there should be very few), PayPal do allow an alternative that will delay the inevitable until Q3 2016, enough time for you make a change.

I will provide the solution that buys you that time, but you will still need to plan to provide for SHA-256.

And yes, cURL should deal with it, but there are still some stuck with fsockopen.

how do I check if my server is suitable for SHA-256? depends on what?

margarett

Gryzor

Specifically, look at the Hash section.

Ataru Moroboshi

hash supportenabled
Hashing Enginesmd2 md4 md5 sha1 sha224 sha256 sha384 sha512 ripemd128 ripemd160 ripemd256 ripemd320 whirlpool tiger128,3 tiger160,3 tiger192,3 tiger128,4 tiger160,4 tiger192,4 snefru snefru256 gost adler32 crc32 crc32b fnv132 fnv164 joaat haval128,3 haval160,3 haval192,3 haval224,3 haval256,3 haval128,4 haval160,4 haval192,4 haval224,4 haval256,4 haval128,5 haval160,5 haval192,5 haval224,5 haval256,5

Should be OK?

margarett

Advertisement: