News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[bug] Split Sticky topic..

Started by Zetan, December 22, 2007, 12:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetan

SMF 1.1.4

Not sure if IchBin did mention this, but when you split a Sticky Topic, the new topic created by the split is also stickied. I've noticed this several times at TP.net when I returned to a board a week later and theres a sticky that shouldn't be there.

Not a major problem, but one I have to keep in mind. It's a logical one, but would be better if the new topic was unstuck.

If IchBin did mention this, or you guys already know about it.. quite likely... trash it  :)

karlbenson

Personally if splitting any sort of topic, I'd expect it, and probably prefer for it to have the exact same settings
eg locked, stickied

Zetan

Thats a personal preference of yours though..

karlbenson

Indeed. As is yours.

But like you said its logical for it to be this way.  So it probably isnt a bug.

It probably would be an idea to be able to select to modify the settings on split (altering the settings of the original topic)

SleePy

I believe this was fixed in 2.0. Not sure if it made it to the beta 1 release for charters or not.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Advertisement: