SEO advice for SMF Forums

Started by googleminigames.com, December 26, 2007, 07:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

googleminigames.com

ok i own

www.googleminigames.com

I want to ask questions many People would want to know

1:Are SMF SEO Friendly once you get them?

2:Are they Optimized for the content of your page?

3:Are custom meta tags on index.template.php useful?

4:Why are New topic modified by index.php?topic=# doesnt unique subject to URL Optimize search engine ranking?

This is what i think.

1. Yes but meta tags should be customized in Admin ....Current Theme Modify index.template.php

Go to line 108  and search for current meta tags.. and put the ones of your Choice.

2. Yes, i noticed certain content on pages are marked as keywords for search engines

3. This i seriously dont know and from my experience NO it doesnt really help Creating Unique content and making many topics an posts can make your site rank better on search engines but so far MY custom keywords dont really help me with my Search engine traffic

4. True. This would help a lot if it was possible if there is a mod for this please tell me about it . and for those who want this 2 should request this

If you think i am wrong on  certain stuff please correct me :)

This Has Helped me a lot.

Having a high PR can help ranking too So Start Those Backlinks.

Spaceman-Spiff

Quote from: googleminigames.com on December 26, 2007, 07:47:07 PM

4:Why are New topic modified by index.php?topic=# doesnt unique subject to URL Optimize search engine ranking?

I don't fully understand the question, but I'll try to answer anyway.
There's a setting under Administration Panel -> Features and Options -> Search engine friendly URLs (Apache only!).

If you enable that feature, your forum board/topic links will become like: yoursite.com/forum/index.php/topic,###.0.html

For other SEO optimizations, please check the Customize Page

karlbenson

Personally I think your biggest problem is Googles lawyers come calling.

I doubt they will allow you to use their trademark in your domain name.

Advertisement: