News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Converting from YaBB 2.2

Started by unpossible, January 03, 2008, 11:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unpossible

I'm currently testing making the conversion from YaBB 2.2 to SMF 1.1.4 using the convert.php intended fro YaBB 2.1, which runs into the following error:

Converting membergroups... Successful.
Converting members... Unsuccessful!
This query:

ALTER TABLE `smftest`.smf_members
    ORDER BY ID_MEMBER = 0, dateRegistered;

Caused the error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '= 0, dateRegistered' at line 2

If anyone has any suggestions how to get around this problem, I would really appreciate it.

SleePy

Open the .sql file

Find:
    ORDER BY ID_MEMBER = 0, dateRegistered;

Replace:
    ORDER BY ID_MEMBER, dateRegistered;

That should hopefully allow the script to complete correctly.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

unpossible

It took me a while to realize you probably meant the .php files.  But it did fix that problem.  And it also helped me figure out the other error messages that popped up afterwards.

The conversion wasn't perfect.  PMs, Registration Dates, and some old posts didn't come out right, but it got my needs taken care of.

Thank you very, very much for the help!

JayBachatero

Ahh so a new version of YaBB is out.  Need to look into it :).
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Revo1

Thanks for the advise, SleePy, and thanks for the convertor, Jay. Following unpossible's comment about continuing the deletion of = 0 in all of the continuing errors in the upgrade, I almost have it all complete, but I come across an error I'm stumped.

Converting topics (part 2)... Unsuccessful!
This query:

UPDATE `weightle_smf`.smf_log_topics
    SET ID_TOPIC = 1
    WHERE tempID = 1090798235;

Caused the error:

Unknown column 'tempID' in 'where clause'

Revo1

I decided to delete the topic causing the error. I then got another topic with the same error, and I deleted that. Topic conversion completed successful after that, but now I'm getting the following:

This query:

ALTER TABLE `weightle_smf`.smf_smileys
    ORDER BY LENGTH(code) DESC;

Caused the error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LENGTH(code) DESC' at line 2

JayBachatero

Change
to
ORDER BY code DESC;

Edit the convert.php and yabb21_to_smf.php.
Follow me on Twitter

Revo1

Thank you, Jay, but it looks like the errors are just going to keep popping up at this point:

This query:

ALTER TABLE `weightle_smf`.smf_boards
    ADD tempID tinytext,
    ADD tempCatID tinytext;

Caused the error:

Duplicate column name 'tempID'

Revo1

So I'm looking at yabb_to_smf.php and found the following:

if ($_GET['substep'] == 0)
      {
         convert_query("
            ALTER TABLE {$to_prefix}categories
            ADD tempID tinytext");
         convert_query("
            ALTER TABLE {$to_prefix}boards
            ADD tempID tinytext,
            ADD tempCatID tinytext");
      }

I took out ADD tempID tinytext, from the code altering the boards table, but I still get a dupicate tempID error. Should I take out the categories one as well?

Revo1

Quote from: JayBachatero on February 03, 2008, 03:30:44 AM
Change
to
ORDER BY code DESC;

Edit the convert.php and yabb21_to_smf.php.
I got it working. What happened was I had an old YaBB 1 Gold SP 1.3.1 that I upgraded to 2.2, thinking it'd be easier to convert from the latest YaBB. After some time and failure I decided to try converting YaBB 1. Well, after 24 hours of working, reworking, etc., trying to get the thing to convert, I got mixed up between going back and forth from the YaBB 1 and YaBB 2.2 installations - trying to get the convertors for them to work. Well, I just realized I was messing with YaBB 1 with your suggestion of deleting LENGTH(code) and replacing it with just code. Thanks, Jay. It worked on my YaBB2.2 board, as that was what your suggestion was for. I appreciate it!

JayBachatero

Heh.  The 2.1 converter takes care of the duplicate column name and so on.
Follow me on Twitter

Rovin

Would it be possible to create a YaBB 2.2 converter to SMF 1.1.4? Thanks again.

JayBachatero

Yea it would be possible?  Can you please give the 2.1 converter a try and see if that works?
Follow me on Twitter

Rovin

Just tried it and I got a load of display name errors appearing as guests. See thread in this forum.

afrohead

I too would like to convert from YaBB 2.2.  Over the next couple of weeks I will try and use the 2.1 converter on my 2.2 board.  My board has over 65000 posts and 14000 users so it should be a good test.  I'll let you know what I find out.  Thanks

Revo1

Quote from: afrohead on February 08, 2008, 12:56:58 PM
I too would like to convert from YaBB 2.2.  Over the next couple of weeks I will try and use the 2.1 converter on my 2.2 board.  My board has over 65000 posts and 14000 users so it should be a good test.  I'll let you know what I find out.  Thanks
Be sure to try out Jay's new test:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=220575.msg1414829#msg1414829

Rovin

I used the converter mentioned in the sticky (attached) and I thought it had worked fine. All my posts, threads and members are fine, but the polls are not. They have numerous errors like, being connected to the wrong threads, etc.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

JayBachatero

Seems like the poll conversion needs another look >_<.  Took me ages to fix the poll issues.  I'll look into it and see what's wrong.
Follow me on Twitter

Rovin

Quote from: JayBachatero on February 08, 2008, 02:18:23 PM
Seems like the poll conversion needs another look >_<.  Took me ages to fix the poll issues.  I'll look into it and see what's wrong.

Okay, thanks mate. I appreciate it, and look forward to it. :)

Rovin

Advertisement: