SMF Shop Error when user trys to buy

Started by leet8845, January 13, 2008, 05:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leet8845

Hi there,

I have installed SMF shop, everything works apart from when a user trys to buy something thie error appears;

Database Error

Field 'trading' doesn't have a default value
File: D:\Domains\ukgaragemix.co.uk\wwwroot\forum\Sources\shop\Shop-Buy.php
Line: 206

Any help really appreciated

Rumbaar

You might want to try Daniel15's dedicated support forum for that particular mod.  There might even be a solution to your issue already posted, try a search.  You'll find the link in the section you download the mod from.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

leet8845

I have posted there as well, i thought id post at both to increase my chances of fixing it.

Rumbaar

It has a dedicated comment/support thread here too, but I'm sure most of the support for that mod is handled well at Daniel15's forum.  He seems very pro-active with any issues.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

leet8845

I have post there but no-one is replying, does anyone here know how this can be fixed?

Thanks

Rumbaar

I've personally never used that mod, so can't help in that regards.  Did you actually try a search over at his forum?  I'm sure there are past support questions and answers.  Did you search the comment/support thread here?

[ Themes ]

leet8845

yes about ten times lol, i think he must keep his boards clean cause there was only 1 other post and they didnt say what file they were refering to. I'll post it in here maybe someone else caould tell form this info?

http://www.daniel15.com/forum/index.php/topic,663.0.html this is the problem im getting too.

Rumbaar

Ah I see now, it's an issue with the mySQL version you might be using.  That thread relates to the installation process for adding a default value on creation.

For you, you might want to try and go into your phpMyAdmin.  Then for that table entry shop_inventory in your db find select it.  Then for the trading field select the edit button and input the 0 into the default value for that field.  From looking at the changes in the SQL suggested you might want to assign a default value for tradecost of 0.00 as well.

[ Themes ]

leet8845

I done exactly what you said and it worked perfect!!!  :D :D :D :D

Thanks very much for your time!!!!!!!!  :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8)

Rumbaar

You're most welcome.  I had never used it so didn't know, but that topic helped to identify the issue.  Hopefully others in the future will search and find this topic and it will help them also.

[ Themes ]

leet8845

yes im sure they will, it'll prove most helpful to them.

Thanks again  :) :) :)

Advertisement: