News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How can i change the "new posts / old posts" icons

Started by OhioTurboDodges, January 14, 2008, 10:42:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OhioTurboDodges

basically the standard simple machine logo which changes from light blue to dark blue when there is a new post in a forum is what i want to change. I would like to have it setup where for new posts its becomes a certain picture and for old posts its another.

Frankly, i have no idea how to do that. Alot of the coding stuff is extremely new to me and i have no idea how to alter it.

Help is appreciated!!!!

Sverre

Just overwrite on.gif, on2.gif and off.gif in the /Themes/your theme/images/ folder with your own images :)

fecu2008

can someone walk me through this process? I know how to get to that directory and i found those files...i just need some help with "overwriting" it!

Sverre

If you upload a file(s) with the same name (and extension), you'll be prompted if you want to overwrite the existing one(s).

fecu2008

Got this buddy to work with one problem, My icons have change in the boards: but, underneath it still shows the old new post/no new post icons.  Here is an example of what im talking about.

Sverre

fecu2008

mrbolsonator

where is the script located where you can change the names of new_some.gif and new_none.gif to something else. i have problems making pictures in the .gif format....

[SiNaN]

../Themes/your_theme/BoardIndex.template.php

Look for the new_some.gif and new_none.gif and you will see them.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

mrbolsonator

thanx! worked great

[SiNaN]: Removed link, please do not include it in every post of you, it will be considered as spam.

botty1963

It may seem basic, but how do I get to overwrite/upload to the directory when I can't find it via file manager in cPanel, and can't see anywhere within the SMF admin to do so? If I look in the SMF admin for the path of the theme/images and search in file manager for that path it just says "directory is empty" but clearly it's there. The 'new' gif was fine until I changed the theme and now it just shows a placeholder.

Advertisement: