ColorizePost

Started by Bulakbol, January 15, 2008, 09:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulakbol

Link to Mod

Author: JohnyB    Mod Name: ColorizePost    Version: 1.0    Tested: Freshly installed SMF 1.1.4

Colorize Post 1.0
  - This mod will optionally colorize an individual member's post if his/her group is given permission.
  - To give a group permission to enter their own color, tick the checkbox in
     ~ Admin > Permissions > Allow this group to use own color in post.
  - To enable color, enter color name (e.g. red) or hex (e.g. #ff0000) in
     ~ Profile > Look and Layout Preference > Enter the desired color for your post.
 - To use the default color in posts, leave the color textbox blank.
 - If no color is entered in their profile, the color of text in their Personal messages will be
        either group or post group color if there is one.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

Eliana Tamerin

Once again, JohnyB, you mod works well and does its job. I had been hoping for this ever since the mod that allowed user-specific BBC in a post by default, but that was too cumbersome.

Couple of things. Perhaps users would have the option to select whether or not this will apply to their past posts, which would be especially useful when changing their color. Also, what about the different themes? White on a dark theme would be nearly invisible on a lighter theme. In a board with a good variety of skin variations, a conflict is sure to arise in one of them.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

edi67

let me try thx for this lovely mod

Italian Translation Jonnhy :)

default/languages/ManagePersmissions.italian.php
// JohnyB: ColorizePost Version: 1.0
$txt['permissionname_use_post_color'] = 'Abilita questo gruppo ad usare un colore personale nei post';
$txt['permissionhelp_use_post_color'] = 'Questo comando abiliterà o disabiliterà gli utenti di questo gruppo ad usare un colore personale nei loro profili. Spunta l\'opzione per abilitare questo gruppo.';

default/languages/Profile.italian.php
// JohnyB: ColorizePost Version: 1.0
$txt['personal_color'] = 'Immetti qui il colore che desideri per i tuoi post';
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

edi67

very funny one thing in personal message the colour of message is as the colour of user groups nice nice not change it  ;)
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

Bulakbol

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on January 16, 2008, 01:18:54 AM
Once again, JohnyB, you mod works well and does its job. I had been hoping for this ever since the mod that allowed user-specific BBC in a post by default, but that was too cumbersome.

Couple of things. Perhaps users would have the option to select whether or not this will apply to their past posts, which would be especially useful when changing their color. Also, what about the different themes? White on a dark theme would be nearly invisible on a lighter theme. In a board with a good variety of skin variations, a conflict is sure to arise in one of them.

Thanks Eliana. My members asked for this and I am sharing it for those who are interested.

You got me thinking now. :) Possible way is to remember the date this mod was installed and compare the date of their post. I'll look into this.

About the different colors of themes. I think it's up to the members what theme to use and what text color they want for that theme. I tried to use light and dark theme in different boards and it's not really good to my eyes.  What would you suggest? 
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

Eliana Tamerin

Well, there's two things I can think of.

One is that you could just display the entry field along with each available theme name, so that members can select how they want their posts to appear on each theme.

The other is that you could do the same as above, but only display for the themes that are used. That would probably require more database queries, but it might reduce the complexity for members who aren't forum savvy.

Might also be worth adding in an option for members to either use specific colors on different themes or using a single color for all themes. That would also cut down on complexity for members who aren't forum savvy.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

Bulakbol

Quote from: edi67 on January 16, 2008, 03:49:06 AM
very funny one thing in personal message the colour of message is as the colour of user groups nice nice not change it  ;)

Thanks for the Italian language conversion edi67. I added it already and updated the file.

Yes, that's what I said. :) It will use either the post group color or primary group color in their personal messages until they enter new color in their profile. It looks cute to me so I included it in the mod.

Bulakbol

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on January 16, 2008, 06:01:29 PM
Well, there's two things I can think of.

One is that you could just display the entry field along with each available theme name, so that members can select how they want their posts to appear on each theme.

Not sure if I can detect all themes each member use. If I can, it requires additional fields in their profile and each theme will have its color entry. I will see what infos I can gather.

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin
The other is that you could do the same as above, but only display for the themes that are used. That would probably require more database queries, but it might reduce the complexity for members who aren't forum savvy.

Might also be worth adding in an option for members to either use specific colors on different themes or using a single color for all themes. That would also cut down on complexity for members who aren't forum savvy.

I am thinking of the way of how to do it. Maybe I can add it to the next version.

If you installed the mod but does not want to use the color in other themes, do not modify the Display.template.php of that theme although the color still show in their profile.

kermitthefrog

I have installed this mod, however it looks like the DB hasn't been updated.

Unknown column 'mem.post_color' in 'field list'
File: /home/.sites/137/site24/web/Sources/Load.php
Line: 893

Bulakbol

Quote from: kermitthefrog on January 17, 2008, 04:48:16 AM
I have installed this mod, however it looks like the DB hasn't been updated.

Unknown column 'mem.post_color' in 'field list'
File: /home/.sites/137/site24/web/Sources/Load.php
Line: 893

Hi Kermit. Is there any error in your error log when you installed the mod?  It's probably not istalled properly. Try loading your Sources/Load.php anf look for

mem.birthdate, mem.ICQ, mem.AIM, mem.YIM, mem.MSN, mem.posts, mem.lastLogin, mem.karmaGood,

and add

mem.post_color,

Should look like this.

mem.birthdate, mem.ICQ, mem.AIM, mem.YIM, mem.MSN, mem.posts, mem.lastLogin, mem.karmaGood, mem.post_color,

if you still have problem, let me know. I might pull the mod and check it again.

<EDIT>

I apologize. When I added the Italian laguage, for some odd reason, one of the file wasn't included. Please uninstall and install the updated one.

Please let me know if you still have problem with the last update.

</EDIT>

CiOooo

Hello ;)
If you want to publish the turkish translation of this mod,
Here it is ;)
tchau..

<!-- default/languages/ManagePermissions.turkish.php  -->
<file name="$languagedir/ManagePermissions.english.php">
<operation>
<search position="end"></search>
<add><![CDATA[
$txt['permissionname_use_post_color'] = 'Bu gruba mesajını renklendirebilmesi için izin ver';
$txt['permissionhelp_use_post_color'] = 'Bu özellik, bu grupta bulunan üyelere, profillerinden mesaj renklerini aktif/deaktif etme imkanı verir. İzin vermek için kutucuğu işaretleyin';
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

<!-- default/languages/Modifications.turkish.php -->
<file name="$languagedir/Profile.english.php">
<operation>
<search position="before"><![CDATA[$txt['no_buddies'] = 'Arkadaş listen boş';]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
$txt['personal_color'] = 'Mesajınız için istediğiniz rengi seçin';
]]></add>

Bulakbol

Thanks CiOooo. I will add it now and update the file again.

jamesit05

I cann't to install this mods T T
i'm using SMF 1.1.4
help me please !!!

Bulakbol

Quote from: jamesit05 on January 17, 2008, 06:47:09 AM
I cann't to install this mods T T
i'm using SMF 1.1.4
help me please !!!

Can you post the error? If you downloaded the earlier file, download it again because there was missing file when I added the additional language file. It's corrected now.

PfalzNacht

Which files are missing in the 1st version?

I installed it and it works perfect with the first version.

Bulakbol

Quote from: Cybertec on January 17, 2008, 07:01:13 AM
Which files are missing in the 1st version?

I installed it and it works perfect with the first version.

I made a mistake when I added the Italian language. That was yesterday.  Maybe you have the original file without the additional language. I was careless. My fault.

PfalzNacht

Ya, i have the version without the languages.

I translated it into german, because we are a german board.  ;)

Bulakbol

I see. You know what you are doing so you are ok. If you can give me German language translation, I can add it to this mod.

GN/Henny

I tried to install it on my board,
the installation was ok, but I can't see it anywere.. I have a Dutch version board, is that the problem?

Bulakbol

Quote from: GN/Henny on January 17, 2008, 01:32:41 PM
I tried to install it on my board,
the installation was ok, but I can't see it anywere.. I have a Dutch version board, is that the problem?

Hi GN/Henny.  I am not sure if the language is the problem. Try going to Admin -> Permission >(select the group that you want to give permission) then under the Member Profiles, you can find Allow this group to enter own color in post. Click the checkbox and mark it with checkmark. Then save the changes. They can now go to their Profile -> Look and Layout Preference -> Enter the desired color for your post.

If you still have problem, let me know.

Check the picture here,

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1061

Advertisement: