News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

ColorizePost

Started by Bulakbol, January 15, 2008, 09:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GN/Henny

I can't see anything... only> at permissions I see this;
(no text in front of this line

and in profile;

again no text, and when I put for example  'yellow' in it, it doesn't work

Bulakbol

Here, copy these lines ang add it to your language file.

Open default/languages/ManagePermissions.dutch.php and add these two lines at the very end before the ?> tag.

$txt['permissionname_use_post_color'] = 'Allow this group to enter own color in post';
$txt['permissionhelp_use_post_color'] = 'This will enable or disable members in this group to enter own color in their profile. Tick the checkbox to allow this group.';

Then open default/languages/Profile.dutch.php and add this line at the very end too before the ?> tag.

$txt['personal_color'] = 'Enter the desired color for your post';

You can translate those if you want. Let me know if problem pesist.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

GN/Henny

ok, now I see it, but when I put 'yellow' in it.. it stays white

GN/Henny

in my profile it's yellow, but not in my texts

Bulakbol

You have to edit your theme manually because you are using custom theme. Check your personal messages. If they are in color, it's working. Try using the deault theme and see if it work there. What theme are you using?

Do you know how to edit your Display.template.php?
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

kermitthefrog

JohnyB,

Thanks for the reply, the mod was installed without a single error.
I have added manually the table in the database.

I believe your zip file doesn't contain anything about the DB.

GN/Henny

Quote from: JohnyB on January 17, 2008, 03:25:19 PM
You have to edit your theme manually because you are using custom theme. Check your personal messages. If they are in color, it's working. Try using the deault theme and see if it work there. What theme are you using?

no I don't know anythong of the dispaly.template..
I use helios

Bulakbol

Quote from: kermitthefrog on January 17, 2008, 03:29:53 PM
JohnyB,

Thanks for the reply, the mod was installed without a single error.
I have added manually the table in the database.

I believe your zip file doesn't contain anything about the DB.

Yes. Sorry. I added the language file and I forgot to include the db file. It's updated now. Download it agian. Sorry about that. Let me know if still missing. Thanks for letting me know.

Bulakbol

Quote from: GN/Henny on January 17, 2008, 03:31:52 PM
Quote from: JohnyB on January 17, 2008, 03:25:19 PM

no I don't know anythong of the dispaly.template..
I use helios

Attach your Display.template.php here and I'll edit it for you.

GN/Henny

this is from the heliosmap

thanks for helping me  :D

Bulakbol

Quote from: GN/Henny on January 17, 2008, 03:41:09 PM
this is from the heliosmap

thanks for helping me  :D

I got it. I will look at it. I'll get back to you. You are welcome.

<edit>
Try this one and if still won't work, let me know.
</edit>

GN/Henny

Bulakbol

Quote from: GN/Henny on January 17, 2008, 03:55:57 PM
it works

Thanks again

You're welcome. I'm glad it's working now. :)

PfalzNacht

Here's the german translation

$txt['permissionname_use_post_color'] = 'Der Gruppe erlauben ihre eigene Farbe im Beitrag zu benutzen';
$txt['permissionhelp_use_post_color'] = 'Dies erlaubt oder verbietet den Usern in der Gruppe ihre eigene Farbe im Profil einzustellen. Benutze die Checkbox um es zu erlauben.';

$txt['personal_color'] = 'Gebe eine Farbe für deine Beiträge ein.';

Bulakbol

Thanks Cybertec. I added the German language already and the mod is now updated.

PfalzNacht

No Problem.  ;)

And now i install your other 2 mods.  :D

GN/Henny

I searching for 2 other things, I don't know if that is possible, but is there a mod, so that you not only can put your color in your profile, but also a font or bold/italic

Bulakbol

Quote from: Cybertec on January 17, 2008, 08:06:04 PM
No Problem.  ;)

And now i install your other 2 mods.  :D

Sure, if you can use it why not. :)  Thanks for using my mods.

Quote from: GN/Henny on January 19, 2008, 04:29:39 AM<br />I searching for 2 other things, I don't know if that is possible, but is there a mod, so that you not only can put your color in your profile, but also a font or bold/italic<br />

Sorry GN/Henny.  It is possible but not at the present.  I'll see what I can do when I have time. Thanks.

Bulakbol

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on January 16, 2008, 01:18:54 AM
Couple of things. Perhaps users would have the option to select whether or not this will apply to their past posts, which would be especially useful when changing their color. Also, what about the different themes? White on a dark theme would be nearly invisible on a lighter theme. In a board with a good variety of skin variations, a conflict is sure to arise in one of them.

I can do the date but requires additional field in members' fieldlist. 0000-00-00 means all posts. But is it neccessary?

Regarding different themes. It requires query to the themes database for all available themes and I am avoiding queries because of performance. What I can do is just use the personal color only if the user's theme is the same as the poster's theme, otherwise, it will use the default color. I can do it only in Display.template.php and not in recent posts and personal messages though.

Eliana Tamerin

Fair enough. That essentially eliminates the need for different theme options anyhow.

And as for the date, no, I suppose it's not. It was just an idea is all.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

Advertisement: