News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Adding Chat Mod?

Started by Allkvinde, January 20, 2008, 05:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allkvinde

I am very new to all of this so please bear with me.

I would like to add chat to my forum but not sure which mod to use. I am not sure about ftp or php. I have tried to read what each of the chat mods is however I am not sure which would be good for a beginner to this to use.

I did download the flash one but think that is better left for when I know about what I am doing.

I am using smf 1.1.4.

Thank you for any help with this.

eXecuT

Visit = | www.pc-kopatiz.com |

Allkvinde

OK, it says shoutbox on that one. I am not so sure that is what I want since I am looking for a chat you know like a chatroom for members to get together.

mrtrick

I used flashchat. Very easy integration using the flashchat mod and very easy installation. Couldn't be happier.

Allkvinde

I had a feeling that would be the best one to use. I am just worried that I won't be able to figure it out. I guess I will only know by trying.

Thank you so much for that mrtrick.

akfreak

is the flash cat a mod package in smf modsection  or a outsidepackages I have to download to my ftp and embed the code

Allkvinde

You have to download from another site and pay $5.00 for it, which isn't bad.

The sad part is that it does seem that we have to embed the code. That is something that I am not good at. I also haven't seemed to be able to find anything about doing so that is fairly new, it all seems to be very old information.

You can find the link to it in the mods section. Search for chat.

Advertisement: