News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Copy Topics

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 22, 2008, 11:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugo

sabino

Hi!

Im new here, so Hello! :)

I just found a way to fix Copy Topics at SMF 2.0.2

Don't know if I am allowed to do that, but since the mod creator didnt show up...
Download the attached CopyTopic.php and replace at Source folder of your smf install.

This was not the correct way of fixing, but for me was the easiest one. Hope it helps someone.

geogeo.gr

Greek translation

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.greek.php">
<!--// Adds the language strings used by this modification //-->
<operation>
<search position="end" />
<add><![CDATA[
$txt['copytopic_copyto'] = 'Αντιγραφή σε';
$txt['quick_mod_copy'] = 'Αντιγραφή επιλεγμένων σε';
$txt['copytopic'] = 'Αντιγραφή θέματος';
$txt['copytopics'] = 'Αντιγραφή θεμάτων';
$txt['cannot_copy'] = 'Δεν έχετε τα δικαιώματα να μπορείτε να αντιγράψετε ένα θέμα';
$txt['copytopic_noboards'] = 'Δεν υπάρχουν πίνακες για να αντιγράψετε αυτό το θέμα!';
$txt['copytopic_notallowed'] = 'Δεν επιτρέπεται να αντιγράψετε θέματα σε πίνακες που δεν μπορείτε να προβάλετε!';
$txt['permissionname_copy'] = 'Αντιγραφή θέματος';
$txt['permissionhelp_copy'] = 'Αντιγραφή ενός θέματος από ένα πίνακα σε άλλο. Οι χρήστες μπορούν να επιλέξουν ως προορισμό, μόνο πίνακες που έχουν τη δυνατότητα πρόσβασης.';
$txt['copytopic_negativeseo'] = 'Γνωρίζετε ότι υπάρχει ίσως ένα αρνητικό αποτέλεσμα SEO αντιγράφοντας τα θέματα, όπως το να ερμηνευθεί από τις μηχανές αναζήτησης ως διπλότυπο περιεχόμενο.';
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.greek-utf8.php" error="skip">
<!--// Adds the language strings used by this modification //-->
<operation>
<search position="end" />
<add><![CDATA[
$txt['copytopic_copyto'] = 'Αντιγραφή σε';
$txt['quick_mod_copy'] = 'Αντιγραφή επιλεγμένων σε';
$txt['copytopic'] = 'Αντιγραφή θέματος';
$txt['copytopics'] = 'Αντιγραφή θεμάτων';
$txt['cannot_copy'] = 'Δεν έχετε τα δικαιώματα να μπορείτε να αντιγράψετε ένα θέμα';
$txt['copytopic_noboards'] = 'Δεν υπάρχουν πίνακες για να αντιγράψετε αυτό το θέμα!';
$txt['copytopic_notallowed'] = 'Δεν επιτρέπεται να αντιγράψετε θέματα σε πίνακες που δεν μπορείτε να προβάλετε!';
$txt['permissionname_copy'] = 'Αντιγραφή θέματος';
$txt['permissionhelp_copy'] = 'Αντιγραφή ενός θέματος από ένα πίνακα σε άλλο. Οι χρήστες μπορούν να επιλέξουν ως προορισμό, μόνο πίνακες που έχουν τη δυνατότητα πρόσβασης.';
$txt['copytopic_negativeseo'] = 'Γνωρίζετε ότι υπάρχει ίσως ένα αρνητικό αποτέλεσμα SEO αντιγράφοντας τα θέματα, όπως το να ερμηνευθεί από τις μηχανές αναζήτησης ως διπλότυπο περιεχόμενο.';
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

gullsinn

i installed this on my SMF 2.0.3
this is a fresh installation no other hack mods etc installed

it shows a link to copy post on each post but it do not shows anything to copy multiple topics

also is it posible if i want to copy posts into a text file instead of another board ?

Virgo4

Hello everyone,

I really love this mod and it helps me out alot for what I need it for.  Only downfall that I have to copy to a different board but that's minor.

A few things:

1) There is no image when using the quick mod icons.  I am using the Curve Multi color theme as my default theme and yes I have read through all the previous posts and made sure that the 2 images were in that themes image files, but still does not work. 

2) When using the quick mod icons inside the boards, when you click on it, nothing happens and it takes me to my board index.  Subsequently the topic wasn't copied.

3) Same thing happens as #2 when inside a topic thread and you click the "Copy Topic" button at the very bottom of the thread.  When clicked it will take me to my board index and nothing is copied.

4) For the quick moderation inside the boards, in the dropdown the words "copy to" or whatever it should say is not there and is blank, but the blank spot is the copy function.  See below pics:

Is there a way to make the words show up in the dropdown and the image to show up if using the quick mod icons instead of checkboxes?  What/where do I need to update or alter the codes to make all the above work properly?

Thanks in advance for your help.

aegersz

like Virgo4, i also have in the dropdown the words "copy to" or whatever it should say is not there and is blank, but the blank spot is the copy function.

the function works, though.

is there a fix for this please ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

SMFHacks.com Team

Update
!Fixed text copy topics when using checkbox moderation
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

aegersz

do we need to uninstall the old version first ?

EDIT:, i did anyway and the button is now visible !

thank you.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

badon

Will this mod permit duplicating individual posts, instead of a whole topic?

I do a lot of organizing of information on my forum, so when a user makes a post that contains unrelated information, I want to be able to make another copy of their post, so each one can be split, merged, moved, etc in a way that makes sense. For example, if a user makes a post replying to a mention of red apples, and then also replies to a mention of red firetrucks, I want to be able to duplicate his post so I can organize one of them under "apples", and the other one under "firetrucks".

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

badon

Very useful mod, thank you!

I need to organize posts and topics as well as possible, but the culture on most forums discourages multiple posts in favor of packing everything into one post, even if the post contains completely unrelated material that should go in different topics. With this mod, I can "split" a single post by first splitting it into its own topic, copying it with this mod, manually editing each post to contain only one topic, and then merge the old "split" post into the old topic, and then I can put the new post with the new topic wherever it needs to go.

All that works perfectly, thanks!

Maybe eventually you can make this mod able to copy a single post (and split it probably), and that would simplify my process, but it works as it is. See also:

Re: How Does One Copy a Post/Thread?

badon

It looks like spoke too soon. SMF seems to be sorting by message number instead of posting date. I thought it was sorting by posting date FIRST, then if they're the same, then sort by message number SECOND. In fact, it ONLY sorts by message number. So, duplicating a post to put it in another topic does not work because the sequential order will be wrong. It will actually appear as a new message in the topic, with an old date. Is there any way to fix this, perhaps by somehow gaining control over the message numbers, or maybe by arbitrarily assigning new message numbers to a new topic to prevent conflicts and ordering problems?

Also, using the copy feature on the topic view gives a severely mangled list of subforums (boards) to duplicate it to. I wasn't able to use that feature due to the mangled list, but it seems to work correctly from the topic list view.

RFD

this is an old mod that i could really use, but we're running the curve theme, not the core.  bummer. 

vbgamer45

Should still work on SMF 2.0.x what error do you get

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

RFD

running 2.0.15, just install test failures ... plus, i'm using the curve theme and have lots of mods already installed.

vbgamer45

If you are using the curve theme you can ignore the install errors on the core theme doesn't impact you at all

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

RFD

ok, great - i'll test it out!  thank you!!!

Advertisement: