News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Help implementing Ad Management mod

Started by Phishie, February 02, 2008, 04:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phishie

Hey I figured this out!!!

The reason my ads seemed to be "pushed over" was because I had Ads within posts look like actual posts is the settings checked. So really there was nothing wrong with the mod the entire time. I just needed to uncheck this option to get the ads to display the way I wanted them. Wow I feel dumb!

Hello, I am using a custom theme on my SMF forums so I had to manually install the ad management theme.

The forum where I have it enabled is at hxxp:www.lern2hunter.com/vc/forum/index.php?topic=5.0 [nonactive]. I only have it on that one board for now since I don't have it working correctly yet.

As you can see from that page I have the mod installed but it just isn't correct. The advertisement under the post should be left aligned but it is getting pushed to the right. It says "Vena Cava Guild of Dunemaul" under the post. That should not be there and I don't know why it's there.

The instructions for modifying the files can be found at hxxp:www.lern2hunter.com/vc/download/instructions.zip [nonactive]. I modified everything I was instructed to modify except for the MessageIndex.template.php because every time I try to modify that one I end up breaking my forum.

The files I modified can be found at hxxp:www.lern2hunter.com/vc/download/mod.zip [nonactive]

I would really appreciate it if somebody could take a look at my files and try to figure out what I did wrong.

Rumbaar

Sorry I looked at that link and topic and I don't see any advertisement anywhere on the page.  Did you remove it?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Phishie

Quote from: Rumbaar on February 02, 2008, 05:37:57 PM
Sorry I looked at that link and topic and I don't see any advertisement anywhere on the page.  Did you remove it?
At the bottom of the page. It looks like an off center signature. It's an animated gif that says "Tired of Leveling Slowly", etc.

Assistance

I don't see it either

you have ads enabled for guests?
~playing poker~

Bigguy

Why would you not post in the mod authors thread or at www. smfads.com for support. I have downloaded your instructions.php but I don't understand what you are trying to do ??? What theme are you using.

Phishie

Quote from: Assistance on February 03, 2008, 01:58:54 AM
you have ads enabled for guests?
Oops... no I didn't. I just enabled ads for all members.

Rumbaar

Looks like you've manually added the required changes wrong or in the incorrect location in your custom themes Display.template.php.

It's got a table and two cells, hence it's on the right side.   Looks like you've repeated some code as the IP logging information is in their twice.

Do you have the original Display.template.php and the code you are suppose to insert?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Phishie

Yes I have both. I've gone over it a bunch of times and I can't figure it out. =/

Rumbaar

Attach the original Display.template and I'll see what I can see with where the code needed to be put.

[ Themes ]

Phishie

I have attached the original Display.template.php for my custom theme.

I appreciate the help very much. :)

Rumbaar

Yeah that's a tricky one, with so many changes from the default theme and additional code.  But try this one and see.  I wasn't able to test it from my location.

[ Themes ]

Phishie

I tried it and the result is the same as my attempt. =[

Rumbaar

How does it look on the CORE theme?  I've never used the mod and don't know how it should look or designed to look when in place.  You may have to take this up with the mods author.

[ Themes ]

Phishie

It works perfectly in the core theme. All I have to do is enable the mod as-is and it works. I'll post on the smfads website. I didn't know they had their own support site until after I posted here.

Rumbaar

Best of luck with that.  I'm sure it's a theme issue then.

Quote from the mod section :)
QuoteExtra support can be found at: www.smfads.com

[ Themes ]

Phishie

Hey I figured this out!!!

The reason my ads seemed to be "pushed over" was because I had Ads within posts look like actual posts is the settings checked. So really there was nothing wrong with the mod the entire time. I just needed to uncheck this option to get the ads to display the way I wanted them. Wow I feel dumb!

Advertisement: