Open or private ?

Started by up-club, February 02, 2008, 07:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

up-club

Hello, I`m Luso from Portugal and my SMF forum is up-club

I`d like to know your opinion on this: What you think it`s best, an open forum or a private one ?

All the best,

Luso - up-club.com [nofollow]
[nofollow]

shadow82x

I prefer an open one because than people can see the information and if they like the topic they can reply back.

Though if you have a private board many people may register and not post.
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

up-club

Thanks for your input Shadow :) ...You have a good point there ;)

I tried both ways already (private at the time) with similar results as while some people prefer more privacy to post an open forum it`s easier to use and let people know what`s been talked about
[nofollow]

Bec

Personally my site has a little bit of both, i have alot of categories so tend to keep about 80% visible to guests so there is still a little surprise when they join up, and also keeps a little privacy for my members as well. but if you have everything hidden its going to make things like google etc hard to search your site.

Narkissos

Quote from: princessb on February 02, 2008, 11:58:25 PM
Personally my site has a little bit of both, i have alot of categories so tend to keep about 80% visible to guests so there is still a little surprise when they join up, and also keeps a little privacy for my members as well. but if you have everything hidden its going to make things like google etc hard to search your site.
I do the same...about 80% of the site is open.

The rest are private member areas, vip-only areas, and staff-only areas.

-CNS

The NarkSide: The Caribbean's Premier Fitness Community

Advertisement: