News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

I don't want caragories

Started by thegooser, September 15, 2008, 12:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegooser

Hi all.

Simple question here: Is there a way to get rid of the categories all together so that people can put a new topic on the "home page" of the forums?

I am making a site for a small group of poker players and don't think that there will be many posts, so the categories won't be needed and I would prefer it if people didn't have to go through a category first.

Thanks in advance if anyone could help.

Kindred

I think you mean boards...

Forum = site
category is a collection of boards
board is a collection of topics
topic is a collection of posts

So, form your request, you want a forum with one board that drops you immediately into the board view (messageindex) instead of the boardindex view

in which case, you could do it by manipulating your theme files.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

thegooser

yup, that's exactly what I want.

What would I do to my theme files to achieve this?

Kindred

for THAT, you would have to either tweak things around yourself...  or find someone to do it for you.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

thegooser

OK

So could anyone reading this point me in the right direction? Or could tell me which files to alter and what to alter them to?

Marcus Forsberg

I could give it a try later, but I can promise you that is will succeed

thegooser

Nice one. Thanks a lot.

It is a fresh install so the files will be the default. I'll have a check back later on.

Marcus Forsberg

I don't think I will have time today, and also I don't really feel like doing it, couse I just got my tooth blowed out of my mouth. ehehe.

I'll try tomorrow.

Marcus Forsberg

Sorry, Ive forgot this. I'm so busy theese days :P

I'll give it a try as soon as I have time over.

Gargoyle

Just change the link... It would be much easier..

Advertisement: