News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Child topics

Started by Nederland, December 22, 2004, 04:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nederland

At my forum i have a sub forum wich has 12 sub forums in it and 4 of those sub forums also have sub forums in them. But when people post something in the 4 sub forums the last message warning only apears at he 12 sub forums. But i want it to apear at the mainboard.

Í will try to give an example,

This forum has,

Feature Requests
Itching for a new feature? Tell us here!
Moderator: A.M.A
Child Boards: Declined or Applied Requests

But when there would be a child forum at Decline or Applied Request and somebody would post there, the last message only appears at decline or applied request. And i want it to apear at the main board.

Does somebody know where i might change that?

Thank you very much!

A.M.A

It is handled like this:

language
       Arabic  :posts in here are owned by (language)
       English :posts in here are owned by (language)
            USA : posts in here are owned by (English) not (language).

so the child of a child is skipped .. do not know if it can be simply modified to do this in BoardIndex.php
Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

beatkyo

Is there a way to fix this ? It really makes my forum unreadable ...

Apnomis

Why do you have so many subforums? It seems like a confusing thing to have? Obviously without knowing your forum I can't say, but is there no way to structure it into say grouped sections?

Another possible solution is using a theme like Bloc's Simplicity theme, that works by having no last posted topic, instead it has the list of boards and subboards on the left, and a list of the latest posts or topics in the central column. Obviously that might not be appropriate on you forum but it's a suggestion...

beatkyo

Of course I could restructure th board. It was just a matter of having global sections on the main page. If there is no real solution I will restructure it ...

Advertisement: