News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Manage Permissions - Database Error

Started by bsprogs, February 07, 2008, 01:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsprogs

SMF Version: 1.1.4

Setup Information:
SMF was installed using Fantastico in cPanel.
Original installation was Version 1.1.3. After installation, I upgraded to version 1.1.4 using the update manager built into the software. Everything updated and my installed version list matches the more recent version.

Server Software:
Operating system     Linux
Apache version    1.3.37 (Unix)
PHP version    4.4.4
MySQL version    4.1.22-standard
cPanel Version    11.17.0-STABLE 19434

Where the Error Occurred
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 2
File: /home/directory/public_html/forum/Sources/ManagePermissions.php
Line: 1020

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.4, while your database is at version 1.1.2. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.
I checked and compared every version for all source files, template files, and language files. They all match to the most recent version with the exception of the language file: ModSettings.slovak-utf8.php

How to Reproduce this Error?:
Administration area -> "Members" navigation box -> "Permissions" link -> "Settings"  tab -> "Save" button.

Additional Information?
I have not installed any other software or made any modifications to the SMF installation.

Edit: No additional error logs were created on the server.

SleePy

Do you have any post groups or did you delete all of them?
I can get this to occur if I force SMF to emulate that it doesn't have any post groups. But by default it won't let you delete the newbie post group so you shouldn't have this happen.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

bsprogs

Now that you mention it, I did remove the original "newbie" group from the database . They were annoying me and I didn't want them on the list anymore. :-/ However, I did notice that the settings I changed were still saved when I clicked the save button in the permissions area, even with the error.

SleePy

Ahh well that line is getting an error because it loads up post groups and then attempts to use them in a query. So an empty array is used in a query causing that.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Advertisement: