Converting SMF1 DB to SMF2 DB

Started by reap, March 25, 2010, 05:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reap

Is there a way to export the SMF1 DB data, convert it into the SMF2 DB format and import it into a SMF2 DB?

I don't want to upgrade my exsisting SMF1 due to mystic errors and bugs. I want a fresh and clean SMF2 but without losing the whole threads and posts.

Kays

Hi, that all gets done at the same time as an upgrade.

What sort of "mystic errors" or bugs do you have?

Doing an upgrade will replace all current files. So if any of the problems are mod or theme related, there's a chance that just doing an upgrade could clear them. Why not setup a test forum with a copy of the database, upgrade it and see if the errors remain.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

reap

The mystic errors are:

• Same Packages are listed twice and triple in "Browse Packages"
  • An Error I'm not able to get rid of:
    Quote8: Undefined index: visual_verification
    File: /var/www/clients/client6/web35/web/forum/Themes/default/languages/Post.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
    Line: 633

Your idea cloning the existing SMF1 board and upgrade that is a really good idea! I didn't know that (almost?) all files will be replaced.

Thanks a lot. I wll try that.

Kays

It doesn't look like a database error so chances are it will disappear.

With an upgrade, all mods will be removed. So you can then clean out the Packages folder and start fresh.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Advertisement: