Recurring Events in Calendar

Started by gentleman, December 26, 2004, 01:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katdillon

I love smf, and I love the calendar.  What I'd like to be able to do with the calendar is have recurring events, like something happening every Tuesday, or something that happens every 1st Monday of the month.

Thanks for all your awesome work!
Kat

pulpitfire

agreed. this feature has been roundly favored and requested for quite a while.

BAlGaInTl

Consider this one more request to bump up recurring events.

I'm ready to dump Invision Power Board (1.3.1) and that is the only feature that you are lacking that I can't live without.

Jerry

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

BAlGaInTl

If it is, I will be dumping Invision for sure.

weekend camper

another vote to make this a feature in 1.1

;)

dobomode

Count my vote for unlinked and recurring events in version 1.1 too!! :)

Ped

I came into browse around to see if this very subject could be added to the calendar. I see St Patrick's day and a few mainly American recurring events, but I would like to add more localised recurring events to the calendar, like St Andrew's, St George's & St David's day. Maybe even good old Burns night or Guy Fawkes. A feature like this would really be the proverbial icing on the cake. Meanwhile, good work you are all doing here! Great stuff!
Ped ;D

vfloyd

Any update on this thread?  Where is it on the list of "things to do"?

Kindred

Ped...

if you add Grudge's Manage Holiday mod, you can do just what you're looking for...   it allows you to export the current holiday list, (text file) modify it and import the modified list (with the option of deleting the old ones and using just the items in your import or adding the import list to what already exists)

I added UK, Canada, Jewish and pagan holidays to my list in a matter of 20 minutes (mostly typing into the text file)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mforest

And yet another vote for recurring events.
(I've tried about a dozen of forum systems and have finally found SMF. "Hallelujah". The only thing I'm missing are recurring events and ignore topics of no interest...)
/Martin

pulpitfire

i've heard it's coming out in 1.1

Grudge

I'm only a half geek really...

Jaraeth

Heh, with 1.1 in Beta, I am patient enough to see features added into the dev's "to-do" list for the following version.  I agree and vote in favor of, more advanced recurring events abilities.

I will have to download and try the beta of 1.1, I'm hoping the events linked to forums is an option rather than being ditched altogether.  One of the reasons for going to SMF was a constant complaint about having to post to an events calendar and a forum to discuss the event.
I know everything, I can't remember it all.

Grudge

You'll have to wait a few months to get hold of the 1.1 beta I'm afraid unless you're a charter member - it is coming some point in the future though :)
I'm only a half geek really...

Ped

Quote from: Kindred on April 22, 2005, 02:52:21 PM
Ped...

if you add Grudge's Manage Holiday mod, you can do just what you're looking for...   it allows you to export the current holiday list, (text file) modify it and import the modified list (with the option of deleting the old ones and using just the items in your import or adding the import list to what already exists)

I added UK, Canada, Jewish and pagan holidays to my list in a matter of 20 minutes (mostly typing into the text file)

Oops, sorry Kindred just saw this  :o

I will check it out ASAP (Thanks)

Ped

JoeP

The current recurring events in 1.1 is nice, but it would be awfully convenient to be able to select the recurrance schedule rather than just have it span over a number of days.  For example:
Start Date -
End Date -
Frequency-
     Once-
     Daily-
        Days-
           all, weekdays, s m t w t f s
     Weekly
         Weeks
             1 2 3 4
                Days-
     Monthly
        Months-
            all, 1,2,....12
                  Weeks
                      1 2 3 4
                          Days-

Another option might be to have a mini-calendar to click-slect (including ctrl/shift).

Just a thought... sounds like a ton of work!
joe

silentz

YAVFAREFITNV....

(Yet Another Vote For A Recurring Events Functionality In The Next Version).

We could *really* use one that lets us create "First Saturday of the Month" style events.

Thanks to everyone making SMF rock!
(Currently): Joomla 1.0.12 | SMF 1.1 Final | Bridge 1.16 | Life .31 Alpha
"Am I really the only one to ever wonder what a Wookie would look like shaved?"

swtxgrl

any updates on this requested feature?? i have 1.1 RC3..

NEMINI

I'll have to add my vote, recurring events is what I was searching for.
signatures are boring.

Advertisement: