News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Recurring Events in Calendar

Started by gentleman, December 26, 2004, 01:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wibo

I add my vote as well for recurring events in calendar.  :)

clarkkent93

What's the status on adding recurring events?
SMF 1.1.6

clarkkent93

I'd love to see recurring events added to the calendar.  Is this something that we can hopefully see in 2.0?

SMF 1.1.6

Lilac

I think doing this and making the holidays a sort of 'file' would be far superior, too.
Elliquiy Adult Role playing is a mature roleplaying community with some 500,000 posts in over 100 boards.

I don't know everything.  Please ask questions in the support forums instead of PMing me!

farzad

a mod has been created.  go check - it rocks

kwolf

Original post was 2004, it's 2012 now and still no recurring events.

I think it's time to fix that :)  There's other thread on this too, but I think this was the best one to bump since it shows how long people have wanted this feature for.  Also, the mod mentioned in this thread does not work in SMF 2 so once again we are without any options for recurring events in calendar.  It would be great to see this functionality added to the calendar included with SMF and indeed at this point it is a necessary feature for the calendar to be competitive with other software.

Norv

Nice necro, kwolf, thanks. :D

(just kiddin' btw.)

Okay. Well, the calendar functionality is having an overhaul for SMF 3.0. As soon as it's shaped up a bit, it will be known and open to the community for feedback and improvements. Them recurring events are going to have their time.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

OCJ

Recurring event is definitely a good feature - 1 extra vote.

RSI

Almost 2015 and recurring events in the calendar capability has still not been added.

It's been almost 10-years now...

Arantor

There are simply not enough people that use the calendar to be honest. It might seem like it but it's actually a very vocal minority that even uses it, let alone that specific facet of it if it existed.

Kindred

Seriously...

I had a recurring events mod for 1.1.x.

When I stopped developing it and handed the mod off to someone else... Who eventually dropped it as well, I believe there were a total of 3 people who loudly complained maybe 5.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

49thdiver

This would be a helpful addition, lots of clubs meet one day a month all year, I have fire drill every week .............

Please

caryb

I used to have it via a mod in smf 1.x now I have started from scratch with 2.09 I cant add that functionality :( We used it quiet a lot.

Cary

mathew_flagler

Any hints as to when the recurring event capability would make it to the development roadmap?

Kindred

well, not for 2.1....

and for 3.0, the calendar will likely be removed from the core and turned into an official add-on mod...   so - possibly then.   (which means, not any time soon)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mathew_flagler

Many thanks for the prompt response and clarification!!

cheers

Advertisement: