News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMFShop - Shop MOD

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, December 27, 2004, 06:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mstcool

Quote from: Bob Perry on August 23, 2014, 11:36:31 PM
You'll want to edit either /Sources/shop/items/testitem.php OR same directory but file named testitem2.php

be sure to leave everything as is except the word true, change that to false and be sure you don't mistakenly delete the ending colon...

then just replace the live file with the edited one and you should not see a use button after its purchased...

Works like a charm! :)

Thank you so much!

One last thing, is there a way I can change "unusable!" to private message [url=#]User[/url] with the following [ulr=#]information[/url]?

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: Mstcool on August 24, 2014, 12:54:26 AM
You'll want to edit either /Sources/shop/items/testitem.php OR same directory but file named testitem2.php

be sure to leave everything as is except the word true, change that to false and be sure you don't mistakenly delete the ending colon...

then just replace the live file with the edited one and you should not see a use button after its purchased...

Thank you so much!

One last thing, is there a way I can change "unusable!" to private message [url=#]User[/url] with the following [ulr=#]information[/url]?

Yes, but too complicated for your experience level, what I would do myself is create a simple html file with the links embedded and some text explanation of the exact procedure they need to follow to get what they paid for... and have it display that instantly upon purchase, don't know for sure if the item in question does that by default, let me know if it does not and i will do it no charge...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

skeletonkiss

Nevermind, this mod doesn't do what I need.

Mstcool

Quote from: Bob Perry on August 24, 2014, 01:13:31 AM
Quote from: Mstcool on August 24, 2014, 12:54:26 AM

Thank you so much!

Yes, but too complicated for your experience level, what I would do myself is create a simple html file with the links embedded and some text explanation of the exact procedure they need to follow to get what they paid for... and have it display that instantly upon purchase, don't know for sure if the item in question does that by default, let me know if it does not and i will do it no charge...

Creating the file is no problem. The item doesn't do that but I was thinking of making it so when people click on use item it displays a message saying that they have to private message a user. The item 2 file does that.

What do you think is better? That way or the way you suggested? Thanks for the help btw! :)

Quote from: Mstcool on August 24, 2014, 09:25:00 PM

Creating the file is no problem. The item doesn't do that but I was thinking of making it so when people click on use item it displays a message saying that they have to private message a user. The item 2 file does that.

What do you think is better? That way or the way you suggested? Thanks for the help btw! :)

I've had some time to reflect on this a little and here is what I would do in this case, i would create the html file and then use the filedownload2.php item and leave the use button alone this time, that way they would have a permanent copy for themselves and i can modify the item to shoot you, or admin user a PM upon purchase, but remember, each member who buys will get a copy of the same document, if you want it to customized according to member we need to consider an alternative... oh, and you want to make sure that the directory where you store your document(s) is not in the root or any sub directory where any the rest of the SMF source files reside

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Mstcool

Quote from: Bob Perry on August 24, 2014, 09:52:04 PM
Quote from: Mstcool on August 24, 2014, 09:25:00 PM

I've had some time to reflect on this a little and here is what I would do in this case, i would create the html file and then use the filedownload2.php item and leave the use button alone this time, that way they would have a permanent copy for themselves and i can modify the item to shoot you, or admin user a PM upon purchase, but remember, each member who buys will get a copy of the same document, if you want it to customized according to member we need to consider an alternative...

The admin pm thing sounds like a good thing. So what do I do in order for all of this to work?

Thank you so much for your help! :D

Quote from: Mstcool on August 24, 2014, 09:55:08 PM

The admin pm thing sounds like a good thing. So what do I do in order for all of this to work?

Thank you so much for your help! :D

all you need to do is create the simple html file and the rest is a snap, i can modify the item in just a matter of minutes for admin PM, just let me know when you are ready to test and attach your copy of Sources/shop/items/filedownload2.php here and i'll insert the code and shoot it back to you, you just add the item as normal setup but be sure the path links you enter while setting it up match perfectly or it won't work, this particular item is internally documented fairly well just read everything that it says very carefully while setting it up...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Mstcool

Alright, I will do that and attach the file in my next post! Thank you so much for your help. I should have the file done by tomorrow because at the moment I'm dead tired.

Once again, thanks for your help! :)

Quote from: Mstcool on August 24, 2014, 10:10:28 PM
Alright, I will do that and attach the file in my next post! Thank you so much for your help. I should have the file done by tomorrow because at the moment I'm dead tired.

Once again, thanks for your help! :)

Interesting, I went ahead and did it to my download items and get an error when opening a graphic image using filedownload2.php, but it's functioning pretty good in the other one, and i also give the member some good karma for using it, also it doesn't do the PM until the member "uses" the purchased item, and lastly there are two small sections of text you will want to change to your own liking, just look for the words "change" while editing the item source, being sure NOT to delete any of the punctuation in the two snippets of text... see the attached:
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Mstcool

Thank you so much! And yes, the image isn't a problem because I don't use the images anyways. So, for item 1 and 2, I change it to "true" instead of "false" so that the person is able to use the item?

Quote from: Mstcool on August 25, 2014, 08:38:01 PM
Thank you so much! And yes, the image isn't a problem because I don't use the images anyways. So, for item 1 and 2, I change it to "true" instead of "false" so that the person is able to use the item?

If you downloaded the one i posted you don't need to change anything except the two snippets of text i described in previous post, just replace your current version of the source file with mine and have at it, it'll become clear why you need to change with the first test, it only affects the PM so no big rush to change it before putting it live...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Mstcool

Alright, Thank you so much!

A few more things

So, where it says "change this subject line"

How would I add "Thank You for Purchasing itemnameinsertedhere from the Shop!"

So how can I make it so that "itemnameinsertedhere" automatically gets changed to the name of the item they purchased. Also, if I use BBC in this file, will it work because I want to give them a link to a profile of the person they are supposed to message. EDIT:  Also, please do tell me a way for which I can also add a link to something else (like click here, so words instead of the actual link), instead of a profile in the code. And finally, I want to make it so it says "Dear usernameinsertedhere,"

So, the "usernameinsertedhere" automatically gets changed to the purchasers name.

Thank you so much for taking your time to help me and I am sorry for asking things again and again! :)

Quote from: Mstcool on August 25, 2014, 09:17:53 PM

A few more things

So how can I make it so that "itemnameinsertedhere" automatically gets changed to the name of the item they purchased. Also, if I use BBC in this file, will it work because I want to give them a link to a profile of the person they are supposed to message. And finally, I want to make it so it says "Dear usernameinsertedhere,"

So, the "usernameinsertedhere" automatically gets changed to the purchasers name.

Thank you so much for taking your time to help me and I am sorry for asking things again and again! :)

Your getting confused about who sees that pm, only the admin sees so you won't be thanking the member in there, although that can be done as well, I will post another one tomorrow night with a little better example for ya, it'll put a couple variables in there so that you will only have to do the normal setup of the various items to be purchased, but i have be up early so gonna shut down for the evening, even in present condition its usable live

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Mstcool

Quote from: Bob Perry on August 25, 2014, 10:12:07 PM
Quote from: Mstcool on August 25, 2014, 09:17:53 PM

A few more things

So how can I make it so that "itemnameinsertedhere" automatically gets changed to the name of the item they purchased. Also, if I use BBC in this file, will it work because I want to give them a link to a profile of the person they are supposed to message. And finally, I want to make it so it says "Dear usernameinsertedhere,"

Your getting confused about who sees that pm, only the admin sees so you won't be thanking the member in there, although that can be done as well, I will post another one tomorrow night with a little better example for ya, it'll put a couple variables in there so that you will only have to do the normal setup of the various items to be purchased, but i have be up early so gonna shut down for the evening, even in present condition its usable live

Thank you so much! You're the best! :)

See what you think of this one, see attached...

oh btw, you won't be able to use BBC in your html file, you must construct properly structured html anchor links, if you don't know how... do it just as if BBC would work and attach the file here, or shoot it to me by PM and I'll fix it for you, but get everything else the way you want it first, you have to do "something" constructive dude ;)
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Mstcool

Quote from: Bob Perry on August 26, 2014, 01:55:27 AM
See what you think of this one, see attached...

oh btw, you won't be able to use BBC in your html file, you must construct properly structured html anchor links, if you don't know how... do it just as if BBC would work and attach the file here, or shoot it to me by PM and I'll fix it for you, but get everything else the way you want it first, you have to do "something" constructive dude ;)

Oh, wait. If its HTML, then I know how to use it. I was confused because I haven't learned php so I thought there is a special way for php. Thanks for the file, I will use it and let you know! :)

Quote from: Mstcool on August 26, 2014, 08:42:37 PM
Oh, wait. If its HTML, then I know how to use it. I was confused because I haven't learned php so I thought there is a special way for php. Thanks for the file, I will use it and let you know! :)

You do realize by now that it matters not what type of file you send them, it can a word doc or graphics, as long you change the description text to reflect to the member just what program they need to read the file once transferred to their PC?
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Mstcool

Oh, I didn't realize that. Alright, thank you so much for your help! :)

Mstcool

Hey, I am pretty dumb and am confused right now. So, I replaced the current filedownload.php file with urs. When I buy the item from the shop, it still says "unsuable!" so I changed "false" to "true" in the items codes, but it still says that.

And just so I am clear, my forum is stored in, public_html/forum, so I upload my files to public_html/forum or public_html/files?

And I change the file name in this code only?

if ($item_info[2] == '') $item_info[2] = dirname(dirname($boarddir)) . '/files/file_name_here.txt';

Cuz it says boarddir which is confusing me.

Quote from: Mstcool on August 28, 2014, 10:16:08 PM
Hey, I am pretty dumb and am confused right now. So, I replaced the current filedownload.php file with urs. When I buy the item from the shop, it still says "unsuable!" so I changed "false" to "true" in the items codes, but it still says that.

And just so I am clear, my forum is stored in, public_html/forum, so I upload my files to public_html/forum or public_html/files?

And I change the file name in this code only?

if ($item_info[2] == '') $item_info[2] = dirname(dirname($boarddir)) . '/files/file_name_here.txt';

Cuz it says boarddir which is confusing me.

don't edit anything in the item source file, as long as you uploaded the source file to the right place on your server which should be Sources/shop/items, you should be fine...

as for where to upload the files to be purchased, it recommends a level above your public_html directory, but this is where it gets tricky for novices because the permissions must be set correctly or you'll get file not found errors, but you can name the directory anything you wish when you create it

once you get my source file in the right place you will need to make a new purchase thru the shop to test it, disgard the previous test items...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Advertisement: