Stars and Badges

Started by Bulakbol, February 29, 2008, 11:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulakbol

Link to Mod

Author:JohnyB   Mod Name:StarsAndBadges   Version:1.0   Tested:Freshly installed SMF 1.1.4

StarsAndBadges 1.0
- This mod will display additional group stars and or badges
     or whatever you use as stars in membergroup settings.
- In post - display additional stars and or badges.
- In Profile - display group names and additional group names as well as stars and badges.
- In Personal Message - display stars and or badges of additonal groups.

Supported Themes
- Aa_New_Damage
- Babylon
- Classic
- Cs-dk114v1
- dilbermc
- helios_multi11
- Wowdk_114v1

If your Theme is not supported, in {yourtheme}/Display.template.php, look for
', $message['member']['group_stars'], '<br />';

and replace with
', $message['member']['group_stars'], '<br />';

if (!empty($message['member']['additional_groups']['id']))
for ($i = 0; $i < count($message['member']['additional_groups']['id']); $i++)
echo $message['member']['additional_groups']['stars'][$i], '<br />';

February 18, 2009
Released update for SMF version 2.0 RC1.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

ApplianceJunk

Hi,

This works great!

Thanks,

jdvarner

i got an error, but suspect its due to other mods installed...

Type Action Description
1. Execute Modification ./Sources/Load.php Test failed
2. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Display.template.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php Test successful
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/PersonalMessage.template.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/babylon/Display.template.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Themes/classic/Display.template.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Themes/helios_multi11/Display.template.php Skipping file
8. Execute Modification ./Themes/wowdk_114v1/Display.template.php Skipping file
9. Execute Modification ./Themes/Aa_New_Damage/Display.template.php Skipping file
10. Execute Modification ./Themes/cs-dk114v1/Display.template.php Skipping file

Bulakbol

@jdvarner.
  Yes, another mod edited your Load.php that's why. You can install it manually though. Go ahead with the installation and edit your Sources/Load.php.  If you have hard time doing it yourself, attach your Load.php here and I'll help you.

@ApplianceJunk.
  Thanks for the compliment. Thanks too for trying this mod.

Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

edi67

CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

perpetuallove

I got that same error listed above but installed anyways after making a backup. The question i have is where do i add those codes if my theme doesnt have a display.template or whatever file? I am using TP january theme :)

I tried modifying the default theme but that didnt do it either....... am i gonna have to do it all manually?
Thanks!

runvs

I have the mod installed but how do you use it?  I can not find any option to use it.
Help me I'm a noob

Shortrnd

Quote from: runvs on March 02, 2008, 01:20:30 PM
I have the mod installed but how do you use it?  I can not find any option to use it.

I'm in the same boat.  This is my first attempt at using a mod.  I changed my default theme to Babylon just to see how this works.  So far I can't tell that it's done anything.  This will be great for me if I can figure out what I'm doing wrong. 

I'll post whatever info you need.  Just let me know what you need.  TIA

Bulakbol

Quote from: perpetuallove on March 02, 2008, 07:56:07 AM
I got that same error listed above but installed anyways after making a backup. The question i have is where do i add those codes if my theme doesnt have a display.template or whatever file? I am using TP january theme :)

I tried modifying the default theme but that didnt do it either....... am i gonna have to do it all manually?
Thanks!

Hi Perpetuallove. Sorry for the delay. If your theme does not have Display.template.php, it must be using the one from the default theme.  You have to edit only the file that failed the test.

Bulakbol

Quote from: runvs on March 02, 2008, 01:20:30 PM

Quote from: Shortrnd on March 02, 2008, 01:52:52 PM<br />
Quote from: runvs on March 02, 2008, 01:20:30 PM<br />I have the mod installed but how do you use it?  I can not find any option to use it.<br />
<br /><br />I'm in the same boat.  This is my first attempt at using a mod.  I changed my default theme to Babylon just to see how this works.  So far I can't tell that it's done anything.  This will be great for me if I can figure out what I'm doing wrong.  <br /><br />I'll post whatever info you need.  Just let me know what you need.  TIA<br />

Hi Runvs and Shortrnd.  The mod will display additional groups that you assign to your members. You have to create a special primary group that you could call it "Donator" and use badge instead of stars. Then go to your members profile, click  Account Related Settings, and click the [show additional groups] and tick the checkbox of the Donator. After that, this mod will display the additional groups badge in their post, personal messages and profile. If still not clear, I'll include images next time.

Thanks guys for trying this mod.

Shortrnd

Ok I see that now.  It's showing that badge but it won't show the post count membergroup image.  I'm sure I'm missing something fairly obvious. 

Thanks a ton for the replay and support.

Bulakbol

Quote from: Shortrnd on March 02, 2008, 04:28:29 PM
Ok I see that now.  It's showing that badge but it won't show the post count membergroup image.  I'm sure I'm missing something fairly obvious. 

Thanks a ton for the replay and support.

oww ok. The mod didn't touch anything else. Just added the extra stars/badge. Did you install the mod manually? If you need help, I will do the best of my ability.  ;)

Shortrnd

Then I'll try to follow your instructions to the best of my ability ;D

Here's what I did.  I uninstalled your mod, changed my default theme to Babylon, installed the mod, then checked my test post.  Nothing.  I then changed my default theme back to a custom theme and made the changes to the alienation(my theme)/Display.template.php file that you posted.  Still nothing. 

Good so far or did I already make a mistake?

Bulakbol

@Shrtrnd. Did you create additional groups? Try my instruction first. Maybe there's no extra groups stars to display. If you can't figure out, give me temporary admin access to your site and I'll help you.

Shortrnd

Then again I think I just solved my problem.  I forgot that I installed another mod when I could figure out what I was doing wrong to yours.  It was the mod to select a membergroup at registration.  I think if I make this select a secondary membergroup rather than a primary it will work.

I'll keep you up to speed on it if you'd like.

Bulakbol

That's good if you figured out yourself.  That's the way I learned, by doing it myself.  :D But if you really need my help, I am around.

Shortrnd

Wow.  Much better support around here than I thought I would get.  Thanks a ton......... and I'm sure I'll need your at some point with this. 

Bulakbol

Thanks. Just attach the file that you want me to check so I can edit it and give it back to you if that's the way you prefer. I want to know the custom theme's name that you are using.

Shortrnd

I'm using alienation as my default.  I think I made the correct changes.  I'm still trying to set everything up so it will all work correctly.  So far I'm doing ok.  I'll holler if I run into anything.

Bulakbol

Ok Shortrnd. If I am not around, I'll be around.  :P Good luck!

Advertisement: