News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Stars and Badges

Started by Bulakbol, February 29, 2008, 11:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcfwesker

Try the attached MOd in this link http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=225743.msg2644620#msg2644620

,ight have to emulate to SMF 2.0 in the package manager to install, but it works.

sCeege

Quote from: hcfwesker on February 02, 2012, 10:03:19 PM
Try the attached MOd in this link http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=225743.msg2644620#msg2644620

,ight have to emulate to SMF 2.0 in the package manager to install, but it works.

Wow thank you so so much! And it worked perfectly on 2.0.2 without emulation, if it helps the next person to come across this thread =).

ZarPrime

Personally, I wouldn't run a Mod that has not been submitted and accepted here for download on this site but that's just me.

hcfwesker

Quote from: ZarPrime on February 04, 2012, 12:17:09 AM
Personally, I wouldn't run a Mod that has not been submitted and accepted here for download on this site but that's just me.

Ok ..... not sure where that came from lol

GlitchPC

Thanks, for an awesome mod!

fullmoonya

where are the images of the mod?
do not mark my topic solve unless it is REALLY SOLVED.
my forum

Visit My Blog:
Google SEO Share

GlitchPC

Quote from: fullmoonya on February 17, 2012, 03:16:15 AM

From the first post of this modification...

Quote- This mod will display additional group stars and or badges
     or whatever you use as stars in membergroup settings.

It does not supply you with the images...you supply your own rank images or stars...

fullmoonya

Quote from: GlitchPC on February 17, 2012, 11:38:10 AM
Quote from: fullmoonya on February 17, 2012, 03:16:15 AM

From the first post of this modeification...
yes. i see that. but where are those badge in the mod? i dont see any badge image in the mod i downloaded.
my forum

Visit My Blog:
Google SEO Share

GlitchPC

Like I said...there are NO images included in this mod.  You supply your own images.  A "badge" is an image.

fullmoonya

Quote from: GlitchPC on February 18, 2012, 09:24:00 PM
Like I said...there are NO images included in this mod.  You supply your own images.  A "badge" is an image.
oh. i thought there are images like in the image posted. sorry for mistakes.
my forum

Visit My Blog:
Google SEO Share

rzm25

It seems I'm the first to mention this, but this mod is rather incompatable with 2.0.3

After being installed and activated this mod cuts off posts, leaving the stump but deleting all other data past a certain point. This means all members are limited to making posts to what seems to be somewhere between 500 and 600 characters. I have this as the only installed mod on a brand new 2.0.3 install. I've tested 2 different themes, but I assume the issues is something to do with the display.template file.

This is a forum breaker, not a minor glitch.

Is there anyone available with the know-how to help me work out a solution?

fedxrx

i got an error, but suspect its due to other mods installed...

Type Action Description
1. Execute Modification ./Sources/Load.php Test failed
2. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Display.template.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php Test successful
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/PersonalMessage.template.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/babylon/Display.template.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Themes/classic/Display.template.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Themes/helios_multi11/Display.template.php Skipping file
8. Execute Modification ./Themes/wowdk_114v1/Display.template.php Skipping file
9. Execute Modification ./Themes/Aa_New_Damage/Display.template.php Skipping file
10. Execute Modification ./Themes/cs-dk114v1/Display.template.php Skipping file

CT Carruthers

Quote from: hcfwesker on February 02, 2012, 10:03:19 PM

Thank You, got it installed and working.

rzm25

Scratch my last post, turns out it's most likely simpleportal not liking 2.0.3

GlitchPC

As far as I know...there is no 2.0.3 for SMF...at least, not yet.  This mod works fine on SMF 2.0.2 for my default and custom theme.

rzm25

Sorry yeah that was a massive error on my part, but yeah it is this mod is causing something similar to a character limit. It's quite strange. Can anybody help, please?

Colyn

I have this running on 1.1.16 and it is working fine but I have a problem in the Forum in posts. Not all Badges are displaying ... in the Profile they show all but in posts they do not show.

Is there a limit that will display in Posts ?

Thank you.

avepeachy

Okay - I searched through this topic with every possible combination of words to try to find my answer, and I couldn't find it. That being said,

I am running 2.0.2 and my theme is a variation of Curve called Outline.

Is there any way to have the badges show up side by side on a single line as opposed to their own individual lines? My members can have upwards of 5 or 6 badges, and so that creates quite a stretch. It would work better if they were in line with each other.

KevinW

1.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Load.php    Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Sources/Load.php    Test successful
      2.    Replace    ./Sources/Load.php    Test successful
      3.    Replace    ./Sources/Load.php    Test failed
*    2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManageSettings.php    Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Sources/ManageSettings.php    Test failed
*    3.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php    Test successful
*    4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/PersonalMessage.template.php    Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Themes/default/PersonalMessage.template.php    Test failed
*    5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test failed
   6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/babylon/Display.template.php    Skipping file
   7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/classic/Display.template.php    Skipping file
*    8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php    Test successful
*    9.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ManageSettings.english.php    Test successful

TheListener

@KevinW

Which theme are you using?

Forum version?

Where the test failed notices are means a manual edit is required.

Advertisement: