Stars and Badges

Started by Bulakbol, February 29, 2008, 11:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brynn

But I thought this mod allows to have both stars and badge.  Already I have stars for the membergroup.  But everyone (all member groups) has stars.  I thought extra badge might be nice.

I will investigate your suggestion though.  Maybe can find a way?

Thanks again  :)

Kindred

stars = badges

with this mod (and the others similar to it) you can show the badges/stars for MULTIPLE membergroups that the user belongs to.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

John12

I have attached the SMF "Displaying additional group" and all the great work we pads are displayed on the profile, but I wanted to be like as I put in the picture, it means that the primary plate is first over the avatars, and other tiles after all avatars.
I saw this on a couple of forums, so if someone knows to help me ..

margarett

Which MOD is it?

Please use the respective support topic for these "customization" questions ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

John12

This mode http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/?mod=1110

Sorry I'm new to the forum and just do not know English so good, I use google translator

margarett

You should use this support topic, then:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=225743.0
;)

Specifically there is this post that should help you:
Quote from: hcfwesker on September 20, 2011, 10:12:03 PM
QuoteAnother question, is there a way to show the avatar BEFORE de stars/badges?

Thanks!!

Yes, it's a simple edit, just place the edit for the stars & Badges MOD above the code for avatars in your Themes/default/Display.template.php file.

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

John12

Can you explain more precisely what he wrote, "It's a simple edit, just place the edit for the stars & Badges MOD above the code for avatars in your Themes / default / Display.template.php file." how to do this, or to ask in this topic?  :)

Illori

ask in the topic linked and the author of the mod should be able to help you.

margarett

Actually he won't :P Bulakbol is AWOL for ages.
@John12, but we need to keep MOD related questions in each MOD's support topic ;)

edit: hold on, I'll just merge these.

edit2: done

margarett

Quote from: John12 on July 23, 2015, 10:24:01 AM
Can you explain more precisely what he wrote, "It's a simple edit, just place the edit for the stars & Badges MOD above the code for avatars in your Themes / default / Display.template.php file." how to do this, or to ask in this topic?  :)
Can you please attach your Display.template.php? If the theme you are using doesn't have such file, attach the one from "default"

John12

hxxp:pastebin.com/zgjMEqTj [nonactive] Here I put on hxxp:pastebin.com [nonactive]

margarett

This
                        if (!empty($context['badges']['ownline']) && !allowedTo('moderate_forum'))
                {
                        foreach($context['badges']['ownline'] AS $key)
                                for ($i = 0; $i < count($message['member']['additional_groups']['id']); $i++) 
                                         if ($message['member']['additional_groups']['id'][$i] == $key)
                                                 echo '
                                                        <li class="postgroup">', $message['member']['additional_groups']['stars'][$i], '</li>';
                }                       
                elseif (!empty($message['member']['additional_groups']['id']))
                                echo '
                                        <li class="postgroup">', $message['member']['additional_groups']['stars'][$i], '</li>';

Should be moved below this (instead of above where it is right now):
                                // Show avatars, images, etc.?
                        if (!empty($settings['show_user_images']) && empty($options['show_no_avatars']) && !empty($message['member']['avatar']['image']))
                                echo '
                                                                <li class="avatar">
                                                                        <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=profile;u=', $message['member']['id'], '">
                                                                                ', $message['member']['avatar']['image'], '
                                                                        </a>
                                                                </li>';

John12

Quote from: margarett on July 23, 2015, 10:47:31 AM
This
                        if (!empty($context['badges']['ownline']) && !allowedTo('moderate_forum'))
                {
                        foreach($context['badges']['ownline'] AS $key)
                                         if ($message['member']['additional_groups']['id'][$i] == $key)
                                                 echo '
                }                       
                elseif (!empty($message['member']['additional_groups']['id']))
                                echo '

Should be moved below this (instead of above where it is right now):
                                // Show avatars, images, etc.?
                        if (!empty($settings['show_user_images']) && empty($options['show_no_avatars']) && !empty($message['member']['avatar']['image']))
                                echo '
                                                                <li class="avatar">
                                                                        <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=profile;u=', $message['member']['id'], '">
                                                                                ', $message['member']['avatar']['image'], '
                                                                        </a>
                                                                </li>';

Showing me error now

margarett

I'm sorry, I left my crystal ball in my other jeans ;D

I can't really guess which error you get. So I need you to tell me the complete error you got and ATTACH (not pastebin) the file as it stands right now.

John12

Whether you can modify it and send me Display.template.php? Uploud I file below

margarett

John12

electrumowl

Hello!  I realize that the developer may no longer be providing support for the mod, but on the off chance that's not true....

I've successfully installed and set up the mod, but have run into a problem -- badges only show up to users with administrator permissions.  I've played with every permission setting I can think of and still can't figure out what's wrong, but I would like my badges to be visible to anyone visiting the site. Here is my site (work in progress...) --> http://pantheonrpg.net/ [nofollow]

Anyway, if you're a visual person this is what it looks like when I'm using an admin account:  http://i.imgur.com/wHAoUxd.jpg [nofollow]

And this is what the same post looks like when the account is not an admin account: http://i.imgur.com/wohk71V.jpg [nofollow]

Any help anyone can give, whether suggestions or solutions, would be much appreciated.  Thank you!

P.S. Sorry about the weird external links, I haven't made 10 posts on the forum yet so it won't allow me to have working urls. Hopefully you can just copy and paste-ish.

Grammy

Quote from: electrumowl on June 14, 2016, 12:17:12 AM
Hello!  I realize that the developer may no longer be providing support for the mod, but on the off chance that's not true....

I've successfully installed and set up the mod, but have run into a problem -- badges only show up to users with administrator permissions.  I've played with every permission setting I can think of and still can't figure out what's wrong, but I would like my badges to be visible to anyone visiting the site. Here is my site (work in progress...) --> http://pantheonrpg.net/

Anyway, if you're a visual person this is what it looks like when I'm using an admin account:  http://i.imgur.com/wHAoUxd.jpg

And this is what the same post looks like when the account is not an admin account: http://i.imgur.com/wohk71V.jpg

Any help anyone can give, whether suggestions or solutions, would be much appreciated.  Thank you!

P.S. Sorry about the weird external links, I haven't made 10 posts on the forum yet so it won't allow me to have working urls. Hopefully you can just copy and paste-ish.

While you're in this topic, if you do a search (above, right) for the words "only admin" (set the pulldown to "This Topic") others have had this problem.  (Make sure your header is not collapsed, so that you can see the search field.)  This is one of the results that came up:   http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=225743.msg2847125#msg2847125  There are a few other links.  Hope you find something that helps.   :)

electrumowl

That's already helpful. Thank you!

Advertisement: