News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Stars and Badges

Started by Bulakbol, February 29, 2008, 11:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheListener

What is your forums link?

Burke ♞ Knight

Did that fix the location, though?

A new screenshot would be good.

Also, check the Sources/Load.php file for duplicate for this mod.

Jahsun

Quote from: BurkeKnight on August 23, 2013, 07:40:46 PM
Also, why is the member an admin and a global mod?
If a member is an admin, they do not need to be listed as a GM, since they can do what a GM does, and more.
There is no need for an admin to be placed in the GM group.

Hi BK,
I only did that to test each group to see if it was just certain groups have a double badge. I guest i should have taken a screen shot after  :).

Thank you very much for the heads up though.
Big Hosting Reviews - By Real Clients - My SMF Forum

TheListener

Quote from: Grumpy Old Sod on August 23, 2013, 08:41:21 PM

* Grumpy Old Sod doesn't mind his questions being ignored.

Jahsun

Quote from: Grumpy Old Sod on August 23, 2013, 08:47:09 PM
Quote from: Grumpy Old Sod on August 23, 2013, 08:41:21 PM

* Grumpy Old Sod doesn't mind his questions being ignored.

LOL thank you very much Grumpy Old Sod but BK suggestion really did it. Sources/Load.php. I will be posting my forum for review/showcase soon as well as add a siggy as soon as the site is ready and i will post a link here as well.  :) Thank you again so much.

Quote from: BurkeKnight on August 23, 2013, 08:44:33 PM
Did that fix the location, though?

A new screenshot would be good.

Also, check the Sources/Load.php file for duplicate for this mod.
Yes it did fix the location, was not paying attention but yes thank you very much BK  :)
There was a dup. in Sources/Load.php and that solved it for me. Thank you so much uploading screen shot now.

Thank you guys again so much, you have been so helpful. Lost my login info from a fews years back and i must say the community has changed according to my experience. You guys are the best  8)
Big Hosting Reviews - By Real Clients - My SMF Forum

TheListener

As long as it is solved that's all that matters.

:)

Showcase is a good idea but not if the forum uses the default theme.

;)

IcePhreak

Please update this!! I really would enjoy this mod  : 8) Anyone who could update it would be awesome, any info update would be appreciated  :laugh:
Check out hBurn Radio
Click here for our forums.

Arantor

No-one can legally update it without the mod author's permission and he hasn't been here in 4 years.

IcePhreak

Quote from: Arantor on November 16, 2013, 12:55:37 AM
No-one can legally update it without the mod author's permission and he hasn't been here in 4 years.
Oh man.. Is there anyway a new one can be made but of a different type?
Check out hBurn Radio
Click here for our forums.

Arantor

Sure, someone just has to write it. This is not a quick task, you know.

Papoune57

Please upgrade for 2.0.6  :'(
SMF 2.1.4

Arantor

Quote from: Arantor Beeblebrox the First on November 16, 2013, 12:55:37 AM

Cmely

Hello everybody,

I've installed the version 2.3 found in this thread and had no installation problem with it.
But I don't have anymore badges for post count based groups.

Is there a way to show that also ?

Thank you for your help.

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

brynn

Hi Friends,
I tried to install this on SMF 2.0.10 with Tiny Portal 1.107, but over half the tests failed.  Any chance this could be updated to current versions?

I've been to the mod site and searched it fairly thoroughly, but don't see any other mod for badges, for current versions of SMF.  I surely would appreciate if this could be updated.

Or maybe someone could point me to a mod that I might have overlooked?

Thank you very much  :)

margarett

No, it can't really be updated due to licensing restrictions.
Check the post before yours, there is an alternative there ;)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

brynn

Thanks margaret.

I've read back a couple of pages of posts, but didn't see alternatives.  I saw some tweaks for certain errors or changing some behaviors, but I didn't see a clear alternative.

Hhmm, did you mean "Also, check the Sources/Load.php file for duplicate for this mod."?

If there are licensing issues, then would it be appropriate to post in the Mod Requests board, to ask for a new mod to be written?

Thanks again  :)

margarett

brynn

No, that's not the same thing.  It's similar, I guess.  But I wanted to be able to create the new graphics for the badges.  That one just shows the membergroup with no special badge

I did try to install it though (long time ago) and the test fails for my default theme only.  But I didn't want it bad enough to get help installing.

Thanks for your help margaret :)

margarett

You can create new graphics for the badges. Look at my badge here, it's (obviously) custom ;)

When you configure the membergroup just set the number of "stars" to 1 and give it the name of your custom badge. Of course that badge must be uploaded to your theme's images folder ;)

Advertisement: