News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

the Theme Contest

Started by bloc, December 29, 2004, 03:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

Myself and others made some efforts to contribute to this theme contest almost 2 moths ago , a poll was held for the public and the rest was up to the staff. All well and done. Except the initial promised date for announcing winners ( the 11th November ) went past...and more than past. Still no word of what became of it. I got an congrats email where I was to be in the upper ranks - and I was of course excited of what that implied.

But days,weeks - now even nearly 2 months - went by and I went on doing other things. I even nagged a few times about it, but it seem to take its own precious little time anyway.

Well, I am dissappointed. I'll admit the contest didn't have that many participants , and I had an small edge - I had begun to somewhat grasp the theming system already....but whats the point of announcing to the world a contest if the following-up falls apart?

A small contest like this is surely much less important than getting the script ready and done. Of course. But just because of that it should have been gone and done with already. I must say my enthusiasm has lessened a bit for this site. I know this is all done by people on their free time - I am one of them - but if time was lacking, why not say so? Or even set some deadlines that ARE to be followed?

I am not sure what people here will think of this post, if it even is worth their interest, but I had to air this for my own sake. If things will be resolved quickly perhaps as a result of this - fine. But it shouldn't have to been asked for in the first place.

There. I have said my piece.

Bloc

davon

QuoteI am not sure what people here will think of this post, if it even is worth their interest

sure, even when i haven't tried to participate on the contest due lacking knowledge of SMF at this time and perhaps the contest was over when i first joined this forum, but i saw there was one. and i'm still wondering who the winner is / was, or what has happened to the results.

Grudge

Bloc,

You're right that we really have been very poor at sorting this out - and I can't even blame the Christmas holidays as it's been that long! Obviously the team has been very busy with working towards 1.0 but that isn't any excuse - especially considering all the work that went into the themes. I hope that something can get sorted out in the next few days.

Grudge
I'm only a half geek really...

Doug

If it were left up to the members, I know who my vote would go to.

Tee
YAP Portal

Mystica

Quote from: Bloc on December 29, 2004, 03:33:50 PM
I am not sure what people here will think of this post, if it even is worth their interest, but I had to air this for my own sake.

thanks for posting this, i was wondering about the contest myself. i have waited patiently for the announcement who has won the contest, but time went by and nothing happened. i too am a bit disappointed about this. yes, there weren't too many people who submitted themes, but a contest is a contest, even if just one person takes part ;)
~ there's nothing wrong with me, this is how I'm supposed to be ~

HoTmetal

Maybe a 2nd contest now that 1.0 is out. And maybe more people will be in it.? I think I'de do one.

Advertisement: