News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Referral System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, March 03, 2008, 01:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: EliteClicks on September 02, 2014, 02:27:04 PM
Quote from: Bob Perry on September 02, 2014, 02:19:06 PM
Quote from: EliteClicks on September 02, 2014, 02:11:06 PM
How can I put field that display members referred by specific user..
as show here..

I've got that on my install and if I remember right the codes for doing are posted previously in this thread... I'm going to spend the rest of the day to resolve some other bugs in this module, its necessary for my needs to get this module to a bullet proof stability
ok :)
If you've done that please let me know those codes.. :)
and how to install them.. :)

No no, as I said, it should be posted here in this thread dude, scour for it yourself dude, I'm too busy...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

br360

EliteClicks

Quote from: Bob Perry on September 02, 2014, 02:31:36 PM
Quote from: EliteClicks on September 02, 2014, 02:27:04 PM
Quote from: Bob Perry on September 02, 2014, 02:19:06 PM
Quote from: EliteClicks on September 02, 2014, 02:11:06 PM
How can I put field that display members referred by specific user..
as show here..

I've got that on my install and if I remember right the codes for doing are posted previously in this thread... I'm going to spend the rest of the day to resolve some other bugs in this module, its necessary for my needs to get this module to a bullet proof stability
If you've done that please let me know those codes.. :)
and how to install them.. :)

No no, as I said, it should be posted here in this thread dude, scour for it yourself dude, I'm too busy...
Quote from: br360 on September 02, 2014, 03:16:35 PM
Here is the link to the code that will show who you referred in your profile- http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=226191.msg3357221#msg3357221
Thanks for posting!!
It works fine.. :)

john10

After I uninstall the mod, there were test errors for uninstalling, and I proceeded to uninstall the package.  The mod was uninstalled, but the credits; referral system by..... on the footer still remain.  How do I remove this?  Please help.

Kindred

just like installing a mod -- if there are errors during the uninstall - you have to manually make the changes that the system can't automatically make....
that's why it gave you errors - because it was not able to fully, automatically uninstall everything.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

420Connect.co.uk

I've had this MOD installed for a while now and I like the function of it although I'm not sure how well it's actually performing without a lot of looking through files..

If this MOD still gets developed I've a few ideas to improve it...

1) A page that shows who is the top referrer
2) A simple way to see who referred who

www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

misus

I installed the Mod, but we don't get a referral Url in our profiles.
Could Ultimate Profile be the problem? 

vbgamer45

Quote from: misus on December 01, 2014, 06:26:19 AM
I installed the Mod, but we don't get a referral Url in our profiles.
Could Ultimate Profile be the problem? 

Yes it would be. You would need to add the code to the ulimate profile template too.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kindred

Basically, the Ultimeate profile mod replaces the standard profile... which means that - anything you want displayed would have to be coded into the UP template...

(I did that for the trader count, adding a block in the bottom right section of the UP -- it's not terribly difficult, just follow the coding of the other sections in UP (this may require a modification to the referral code, since I think the two mods use different styles)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

misus

Would someone be so kind to help me with that code?  I attached my UPtemplate.php in my original post.

420Connect.co.uk

www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

misus

After fighting for 45 minutes and searching this thread from A to Z, i got the following result  :o
I installed the mod, i edited the code for Source/ Load, For profiletemplate.php and for ultimateprofiletemplate.php
All i got was this mess

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: 420connect.info on November 19, 2014, 08:15:08 AM
I've had this MOD installed for a while now and I like the function of it although I'm not sure how well it's actually performing without a lot of looking through files..

If this MOD still gets developed I've a few ideas to improve it...

1) A page that shows who is the top referrer
2) A simple way to see who referred who

I've made some minor custom modifications to it, you can see the above mentioned hack where it shows a drop down list of those whom you have referred in your profile summary, and I've also modified the smf site statistics page to show top 25 referrers and who gets the most hits to their referral link... you'll notice if you look at my profile that the number of members in the drop down doesn't jive with the numeric value, there is a very good reason for that, its because of several bugs in this mod, but not to worry, I've been putting it off way too long to get those squared away, I've got major "lull" time in my projects currently and I just really want to get them fixed so going put major time into it the next few days... you're welcome to visit and I'll be happy to get you the hack for the statistics page i did free of charge, and that goes for anyone else who may be interested in that also... but be aware that if there are already custom hacks to your statistics page, it'll be doable as well, but the 3 quick downloads I have is specifically set for a non-customized stats page... just download the attachments to this thread and upload to replace the three files in their appropriate location on your server...

http://www.rjventure.com/index.php?topic=56219.msg70632#msg70632

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

420Connect.co.uk

Quote from: misus on December 02, 2014, 03:59:52 PM
After fighting for 45 minutes and searching this thread from A to Z, i got the following result  :o
I installed the mod, i edited the code for Source/ Load, For profiletemplate.php and for ultimateprofiletemplate.php
All i got was this mess

:D SUCCESS

Add this to your UltimateProfile.template.php

// Start Refferals System

echo '
<dt>', $txt['ref_refferals'] , '</dt>
<dd>', $context['member']['referrals_no'], '</dd>
';
// Refferals Link
if ($modSettings['ref_showreflink'])
if ($context['user']['is_admin'] || $context['user']['is_owner'])
echo '

<dt>', $txt['ref_refferal_link'], '</dt>
<dd><input type="text" size="50" value="', $scripturl, '?action=refferals;refferedby=', $context['member']['id'], '" /></dd>
';

// End Refferals System

after:
// If karma enabled show the members karma.
if ($modSettings['karmaMode'] == '1')
echo '
<dt><strong>', $modSettings['karmaLabel'], ':</strong></dt>
<dd>', ($context['member']['karma']['good'] - $context['member']['karma']['bad']), '</dd>';
elseif ($modSettings['karmaMode'] == '2')
echo '
<dt><strong>', $modSettings['karmaLabel'], ':</strong></dt>
<dd>+', $context['member']['karma']['good'], '/-', $context['member']['karma']['bad'], '</dd>';

& Thank you Bob Perry! :) worked a treat!

TMR Guy

A few questions please,

If member X has 5 referrals, is there a way for me to see who the 5 referrals are?

Is there a way to hide the number of referrals a member has where only I (the admin) can see them?

Thanks,

TMR Guy

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MyTime

Hello, I am having trouble with this mod and creating what I am attempting too do, sorry if I piss anyone off.
But I like the idea of you guys having a url link to refer members by cookies or something similar.
I'd like to have a good referral mod working so I can see the referred members that a member has referred.
I feel this was already asked but i'm just having trouble doing it by just reading it from someone elses point of view. Could someone give me a little guidance?

vbgamer45

I do not have that feature in at the moment to see who referred what members.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

tranhiep116

Advertisement: