News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerseyjoe

oops - now I  have a somewhat different problem.

After replacing the default file with the file from Manou and logging back in again, I encountered a log in error.

"Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again."

I tried that and the message persisted.

Therefore, given that the only thing changed was the file, I restoed the original version of the file and uploaded it to the server.

I now can log in with out a problem.

AND (drum roll, please) . .  . . the SP installation passes the tests and I am returned success messages.

However, I still do not see how to turn the portal off and on. Where in the Admin CP can I do that?

Perochak

Hi dear,

Nice Portal

could be used with SMF 2 .0 3.1??
Thanks
Gain Knowledge,Try it, Modify it if you can and Spread it.

www.vusr.net

jerseyjoe

I do not have

Admin CP >> Features and Options >> Portal Settings

The portal installs correctly - or at leasat the messages say it is - but I do not have Portal Settings in the Features and Options page.

Suggestions?

†д∩αỷ ĎάПα

I have a problem because I want to use this mod in a different theme. I installed the theme and the mod, but what do I have to do with the new theme which doesn't have to link forum in the top bar?

jerseyjoe

bump
Quote from: jerseyjoe on May 08, 2008, 09:56:32 PM
I do not have

The portal installs correctly - or at leasat the messages say it is - but I do not have Portal Settings in the Features and Options page.

Suggestions?

Manu.G

Quote from: jerseyjoe on May 08, 2008, 09:56:32 PM
I do not have

Suggestions?

Is English the main language of your forum or do you use an other language?
Isn't English the main language, try to set the language in your profile to English and
check out if you can see then the Portal Settings
Admin CP >> Features and Options
Version SMF 2.0.8
SimplePortal 2.3.5

jerseyjoe

Thank you for the suggestion. I do have plain english set as the board language.

I definitely do not see the Portal Settings control.

I've temporarily disabled the package until I can resolve this issue.

I'm open to other suggestion. If you wish I can PM you server access.

Joe

[SiNaN]

Returning back soon.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

sorosh1

Can someone help me i have selected everything in my admin to show but i only shows me the things like you see in the image, i
dont know what to do. I look at the files (manualy) to see if everything is installed and it is all alright :(

Anybody a idea?

jerseyjoe

Notice the message that says that you must allow Guests. I suspect that your forums are each configured so they can be read only by Registered Members.

Go back into the Admin control panel where the forums (Boards) are defined and make them readable by anyone.

I think that will then cause the portal to display what you expect.

Hope that helps.

sorosh1

Thank you very much for your quick repley jerseyjoe. I really appreciated your help.

HAHAHAAHAH the problem was something is the setting in admin 8)
I fixd it ;)

but thank you jerseyjoe again,

best regards,

sorosh

EDIT: I think that there is a problem with the Show Board News block: because that F**ck everything up ( atleast with me) (it doesnt show the others option like Show Latest Member block:, ect.

And (I) can't  selected al the options and save the settings at one, i had to click on every option ( like Show Latest Member block) and save it one by one.

I thought i maby helps, other people with the same problem

Further it is a awesome mod! thank you very much for this one!

jerseyjoe

I wish to thank Manu0372 for his generous pesistence in solving the problem of the Portal Control not being visible.

Despite obscure errors on my installation he stayed on the problem until it was fixed.

Joe

†д∩αỷ ĎάПα

I have a problem because I want to use this mod in a different theme. I installed the theme and the mod, but what do I have to do with the new theme which doesn't have to link 'forum' in the top bar?

Sudhakar Arjunan

Quote from: sorosh1 on May 10, 2008, 12:02:59 PM
Can someone help me i have selected everything in my admin to show but i only shows me the things like you see in the image, i
dont know what to do. I look at the files (manualy) to see if everything is installed and it is all alright :(

Anybody a idea?

Hi buddy,

i do have the same problem, you could not save anything under your admin - portal settings page.

Just look in form the begining of this post.

Because SiNaN(author of this mod) Rebuild a new code and sent me, which worked for me.

You could see the demo @ http://forum.itacumens.com where i am using Dilber Mc theme.

Hope you will check and solve the issue soon.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

madman71

Sinan,

For the announcement box, you can  only put  text in  this field, correct? Is it possible to put html?
I want a clickable link here.

or would it be easier to just us an ad block in place of the announcement block?

thanks

[SiNaN]

Apologises to the all of you for the delay. Unfortunately I'm I lot busy these days. You know; Finals...

Manu0372
For the gallery block, I forgot to empty the $max variable. I guess because of that you get the error. But this error could be get only if there is no picture in the gallery. Did you had?
For the mod you said about, that's SleePy's mod, I know it. It has the support of TP and we will use it, a small cheating. :P

Let's try;

index.php

Find:
cleanRequest();
$context = array();

Replace:

cleanRequest();
$context = array();
$context['TPortal'] = 'SimplePortal';

dejiman
Always waiting dejiman.

ne.miguelito
Added to my to do list.

cleanfiles
In the index.template.php, take the codes ad mod outputs the ad between this ones:

Code (start) Select
if($current_action != 'home') {
Code (end) Select
}

asudhakar
There seems no problem with the site now.
For the arcade block, can you provide me the link for downloading your version of arcade?

jerseyjoe
The error, I guess, is about the actions array. I should change that in the next version. You continue installing and then make the changes manually.

Manu0372
Thanks for support.

asudhakar
No, unfortunately that will not work for you. You are using a different version of arcade mod.

jerseyjoe
Ignore the error while installing and make the changes manually. We can do that if you couldn't.

Manu0372
Exactly. Source files erros during a mod installation can cause the crash of your forum. The index.template.php file, specially, gives errors during the install of mods.

jerseyjoe
You could do it like this:
-Back-up the index.template.php file of your forum.
-Replace the index.template.php file with an original one from a fresh package.
-Install the mod.
-Make the changes that are needed for your index.template.php for the back-up.
-Replace the back-up with the one you have in the site.

jerseyjoe
Unfortunately, it doesn't have an option like that, where you can turn it on and off. It should appear after you install it. I'll add this feature in the next version.

perochak
Waiting for the last tests to be made and packed.

jerseyjoe
You should make the changes for your language files manually if you are not using English as your default language.

ssdt
The package just makes the changes for the default theme. You should add a button manually to your theme with the href $scripturl . '?action=forum

jerseyjoe
I came at last. Can you provide a link for your site after installing the mod?

sorosh1
You should a guest-visible board for the boardnews block.

jerseyjoe
Thanks for the support Joe.

sorosh1
Can you attach your ../Sources/ModSettings.php file here, so that I can fix it for you?

jerseyjoe
I thank him too.

ssdt
Gave the answer above.

madman71
You can put html inside it.

Lastly, SimplePortal for 2.0 Beta 3.1 is ready now. I hope it will be released in a few days.

Manu.G

Thanks for your help to make the single category mod working, but there is a problem.
I uninstalled it and now I can't install it again, cause the Load.php is causing trouble.
I asked the author of the single category mod for help, I hope I can use the mod again in our forum.

About the Gallery
Our Gallery is full with photos
Version SMF 2.0.8
SimplePortal 2.3.5

[SiNaN]

SimplePortal also changes the linktree. I think that's something about it. I'll look it again and return.

Can you try to activate the block again?

Manu.G

I have activate the block again. ;)
The block isn't causing any troubles after activation, the problems are coming later.  :-\
Version SMF 2.0.8
SimplePortal 2.3.5

[SiNaN]

I also use that block in my forum and didn't get such an error yet. Did you use the Random Picture type before?

And attach your Load.php file so that I can see what's wrong with the Single Category mod.

Advertisement: